500+ This must be a daytime job Boeing 747 Flyer's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

How to program a rotary switch - LDS767?

Hello everyone,

I am a bit stuck on how to program a three-position rotary switch for the "Hydraluic Demand" Switches.

I have tried the supplied LDS767 configuration tool for custom buttons, unfortunately, this doesn't work at all for some reasons.

So I tried FSUIPC Moustrapping.

I assign a macro for turning the switch from "AUTO TO ON", and one for "AUTO TO OFF".

So that's two macros overall. I assign macro "AUTO TO ON" to "Button 3" of my rotary switch (it has three buttons, with it being three way single pole), and I assign macro "AUTO TO OFF" to button 1 of my rotary switch.

So, buttons 1 and 3 have active macros, and button 2 doesn't. However, it does not work. The button turns fine from auto to on, but it doesn't turn back to auto for some reason when I turn the switch in real life.

Any ideas? All I'm trying to do is program a three position rotary switch to a three position rotrary in the sim. Nigel has been very helpful to me and he reccommended the above method, but unfortunately it doesn't work so just posting icnase anyone has any ideas.

Jack

500+ This must be a daytime job kiek's Avatar

Re: How to program a rotary switch - LDS767?

Hi Jack,

For the Level-D 767 hydraulic demand rotary switches there is really no need to use FSUIPC Mousetrapping .

While the Level-D 767 has a SDK, much better alternatives exist, such as my free FSCONV program that provides FSUIPC offsets for the Hydraulic Demand switches or, even better, my free lekseecon program that provides pre-defined SIOC variables (for Opencockpits users) for the positions of the Hydraulic Demand switches.

Why are you trying the hard way, while easier and more reliable solutions are available...???

regards,
    Nico

500+ This must be a daytime job Boeing 747 Flyer's Avatar

Re: How to program a rotary switch - LDS767?

Hi Nico,

I figured it out after all. I had to set "repeat control after release" or something like that, and program an individual macro for each rotary.

I am using the BU0836X Card for the Rotaries, so that's why I can't use Lekseecon at the moment.

I think the problem was that I was using latching rotary switches, so I had to apply some strange techniques to get it working but it's all okay now, all working.

The next problem now is that the "ELEC ENG CONT" switches have two clicks each. First, you must flick the cover off, and then you must press the switch. For some reason, I cannot press the switch, I can only flick the cover on and off!

Jack