Thread: I/O Cards help?

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I/O Cards help?

Ok, so I am looking to buy I/O cards (master, usb expansion and display)
    Since (i think) the Master card has 72 digital inputs, does that mean the card is recognized as a game controller or something? or does it have to be driven by its own software?
    Also, how hard (or easy) would it be to solder wires to it? It looks like you have to somehow connect wires on vertical pins close together...

I need these cards because I need annunciators and 7segment displays for my MCP.
    But since it seems like this can accept input (like toggle switches with FSUIPC), should I also buy the BU0836X or just use the I/O master card for inputs?

Additionally, if the USBOutputs card works without a master card to send annunciator signals, can I just use that and the BU0836X?
    Although I also need the display cards with the master card for the MCP anyway.

I have no experience with any of this, so I need things to be explained simply.

edit: I would also like to know how the display card interfaces with fsx - i'm also planning to build an MCP and possibly the aft electronics panel

Thanks a lot,

Brian

300+ Forum Addict

Re: I/O Cards help?

Hi Brian,

The master card does not show up as a game controller and must use it's own software. The master card has IDC connectors and is really not intended to be soldered onto. I have used wire wrapping for temp connections during testing, but you really need to use a header board or the breakout boards that OC sells (they are great).

The master card has inputs and outputs, and can drive the display board. The BUO836X is a game controller that only has inputs.

Yoiu could use the USB output card for outs and the BU0836X for inputs, but like you already said, then you get no digits for the MCP.

The displays card interfaces with fsx via sioc (software) by referencing internal FSUIPC offsets, assigning them to a variable, and the linking the variable to the iocards output functions in SIOC. It's very straight forward.

Buddy

3. Thanks brian95 thanked for this post

Thanks very much for clearing this up for me, Buddy.
    So I'm assuming the boards you're talking about are the Outputs/Inputs Connection cards for the Master card? They have screw connections for the wires. Also, I need display card cable (to connect with master) and a parallel cable (for usb expansion to connect with master) too, right? And the cables for the input and output connection cards are supplied?

Anyway thanks very much for your help

Brian

Hi,
    I had thought the device manager and it says its working fine. I am also a flash drive that is damaged and the box that you sent and what appears when I try to copy some files from my flash drive is the same.