Thread: I/O set ups

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I/O set ups

Hi,

Here's what I'd like to do and I wonder whether or not it is possible. I use FS9 and the PMDG 737 with Leo's input card. At the current time I do not have any annunciators wired up. What I would like to do is have an interface that will allow me to have an LED turned on when the switch is in the off position and turned off when the switch is in the on position, such as the fuel switches. I'd like to do that without having to use DPDT switches, but using an interface solution of some sort.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

150+ Forum Groupie verticallimit's Avatar

Re: I/O set ups

I use OpenCockpit hardware, to simulate input and output.
    Many here uses OpenCockpits hardware so help is is easy to get here on this site.

Claus

300+ Forum Addict

Re: I/O set ups

Hi,

I use the IOcards as well and it's a great system. I am also doing development work on an I/O system using the MJoy16 for inputs and the Igor Plug for outputs Both of these are very cheap to bild and work very well. The MJoy16 appears as a USB joystick and you configure it like any other game controller. The Igor Plug is a little different and we must write software to control the output pins with FSUIPC offsets. I have been writing a program to do this and it is coming along very well. I have a couple of folks ready to beta test the system as soon as I get a couple more boards made, I am waiting on microcontrollers to get here so I can send them boards to test.

I hope to have useable code for the general community soon.

Buddy