Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MyCockpit Support Staff

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

New product for throttle builders

Hi all,
    I have just commenced building a B777 throttle unit for our good friend 'Kennair' here in Perth, I machined the completed throttle base design on the CNC machine yesterday. I'm pleased to announce the design is now offered as an available product from Aerosim Solutions.
    It occurred to me a while back that all the TQs I produce should have the same basic mechanism to swing the levers and to save costs on unneccessary additional design work. I then thought that the basic throttle movement would be a good product to offer cockpit builders who prefer to make their own TQ. Pro TQs are expensive items at around 4000 bucks each as we all know so I have desgined a basic movement for the home builder!
    It doesn't matter if you are building an Airbus, Boeing, Learjet or Twin Baron, for simulators a TQ needs a pair of solid levers that rotate potentiometers and have a means of adjusting the friction on the levers. This unit is very solidly constructed unit weighing in at 800grams, it can be utilised to save a lot of time and headaches for the amateur throttle builder. Home made levers for the relevent aircraft can be attached to my mechanism and the 10kohm potentiometers can be wired to any interface card. I can offer three versions for 2, 3 or 4 engine throttles and I will be offering the twin engine version as seen in these pics at an introductory price of only AUD$275.00 in kit form or AUD$295.00 assembled.

B777TQ-001..gif
    B777TQ-002..gif
    B777TQ-003..gif
    B777TQ-004..gif
    B777TQ-005..gif

Cheers,
    Gwyn Perrett
    Aerosim Solutions

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

2. Thanks Joe Cygan, W9XE/Project777, spiro, vybhav, AK Mongo thanked for this post
    Boeing 777 Builder

Re: New product for throttle builders

That's excellent Gwyn and what a great idea. The toughest part of any throttle build is getting the mechanism right to maximise pot movement. This should take all the pain out of it allowing builders to concentrate on the ascetics of their particular aircrafts levers up top. Can't wait to see this baby transform into my B777 quad.

Cheers,

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!

That's a very neat thing.

I would really order one like yesterday if it were not that I am kinda hooked on the design that Revelation-Simulation are using. They have a large hole in the center of the gear that is attached to the throttle lever, this enables the shaft for the trim wheels to pass through the center of it everything.
    Looking at your design it would be quite difficult to incorporate. Another option might be to have the two large gears as complete circles, ie: without the attachment points for the levers. This way one would be able to construct the throttle in a similar way that I mention above but then add this module from the bottom, so it connects with the large cogs under the throttle levers. this would also make it easier to motorize as one could then place the motors lower in the quadrant and have them connect to the 'middle' gear (ie: the one on your unit) with another small gear and a slip clutch.

I will see if I can make a drawing of what I mean, ... maybe if it's feasible you would be able to make a modification like that I so want to build a motorized TQ, buying one is just not an option at the moment

Excuse me if I am not making sense, .. it's early here

MyCockpit Support Staff

Hi guys,

The black bolt is in place to keep the assembly together for the photos. If it were to become a Boeing or Airbus quad, this bolt would simply be removed and replaced with an 8mm diameter axle for the trim wheels....too easy!
    As far as automation goes, it would be a simple procedure to add steppers and spring loaded drive plates to the inner part of the levers. Maybe I will make one of these set ups in the future but I have other orders to fill first!

Cheers, Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go

Everything i wanted when i started my throttle is right there, I wish i had seen this about a month ago, maybe i would have held off on my build and saved up for one Gwyn. Awesome design and i'm sure they will be a backlog of orders for you. Its a shame i finished my throttle, maybe the next rebuild.

Gwyn...

Every picture you post gives me hope. I take it the gears were done with your CNC? I like watching the evolution of your techniques, you have definitely mastered CNC milling.

I've been working on my cockpit shell and have not gone farther than getting my CNC to move.... it's been a daunting task that I'm putting off until I can focus on it. I did just order some bits though and my acrylic sheets came in from Proplas. Maybe it's time to give it a go.

Warren

8. Thanks Westozy thanked for this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Gwyn just to say quality work and innovative as well, you constantly show that even with a small cnc Machine, they allows ideas to be developed and produced far easier and with a proffesional look , basically they can bring ideas to life which would otherwise be sidelined using hand tools or due t othe cost of getting them made by other sources, they also allow you the control the design / development and tweek factor as i call it accordingly till your happy with the results , Great work Gwyn always a pleasure to see whay you'll come up with next and even bigger thanks for bringing your projects to the commumity Nice one

10. Thanks Westozy thanked for this post
    MyCockpit Support Staff

Cheers guys and by the way, I have never had the need to advertise for work anywhere, fortunately it just keeps coming to me so I will be donating part proceeds of every sale made to a MyCockpit member to help support the website. I would ask all members who think they have might have benefitted from MC to have a think about parting with a small donation now and again, the website doesn't run for free!!!

Cheers Gwyn

12. Thanks Joe Cygan, Matt Olieman, Kennair, Steve A thanked for this post
    75+ Posting Member

Indeed about donations... did my parts a few weeks ago and glad i did

14. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Spatate View Post
    Indeed about donations... did my parts a few weeks ago and glad i did
    Gotta agree... without mycockpit i wouldn't have a cockpit. I will donate as regularly as i possibly can

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast