Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

END MILLS in australia

Hey all im trying to find a vendor who sells end mills in australia or as close too as possible. I know there are plenty who sell standard mills starting from size 1mm up but im looking for a 1.5mm 2 flute mill that is able to cut to a depth of 9.5mm with multiple passes. I am able to get these from the US but you have to spend minimum 50US plus postage so ends up expensive for a couple of endmills,
    Cheers
    Riche..

MyCockpit Support Staff

Re: END MILLS in australia

As per my PM....http://www.virtual-village.com.au/cnc-bits Very cheap cutters, they are great!!!

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

Have CNC-----will build.

Keep a look out at the tool vendors at flea markets (if they exist in Australia). I got a total of 52 end mills, in various sized from 1mm up to 2.3mm and ended up paying $24.00 for the lot. The vendor is going to keep an eye out for more.....consequently, breakage is not a problem, I have plenty of replacements.

Milt

Quote Originally Posted by ba543 View Post
    Hey all im trying to find a vendor who sells end mills in australia or as close too as possible. I know there are plenty who sell standard mills starting from size 1mm up but im looking for a 1.5mm 2 flute mill that is able to cut to a depth of 9.5mm with multiple passes. I am able to get these from the US but you have to spend minimum 50US plus postage so ends up expensive for a couple of endmills,
    Cheers
    Riche..
    Who's your source in the US? I'm looking for someone to buy from here in the US.

Thanks,

Hey Warren
    Heres the guys in US http://www.precisebits.com/default.htm I have just bit the bullet & reorderd more from them , as i thought i found a sauce here in oz but the bits i bought from them were not very good quality , The quality of the bits from precisebits.com are the best ive seen, just wish there shop was just down the road from me & not in US , thanks for all your replys guys.

Cheers
    Riche..

300+ Forum Addict

Hello Guys,

Amazingly, I have a wide assortment of milling tools such as these, plus many many more items; including measuring devices especially made for this type of work. As my Dad was a machinist for 46 years and when he passed away nearly 10 years ago, I inherited his tools.

I have no need for the milling tools or other related items. I do not have a list made, but I could make one; although, it would be quite long, so it'd take me a while. Albeit, don't expect flea market prices, as my Dad would've not used cheap tools, nor would he sold them as such...

Since I have no use for them, it would be better (and Dad would agree) to see these tools in the hands of a real machinist. If you're interested, please PM me and I will send you a copy of the list, and as I said, please give me at least a week to get a list together...

Thank you,

John

Thanks Riche,

Funny you mention "down the road". I just put together an order at Precise Bits and as I was about to hit the complete order button, I noticed "sales tax"... then being the observant person I am, I noticed that their phone area code was the same as mine.... a little more investigation and I discovered they are five miles up the road from my house. Unfortunately, it's saturday, and they are closed but I left a message to find out if they have an actual storefront where I can go browse.

As my good fortune doesn't help you get what you need, feel free to let me know if there is any way I can help you get what you need from them.

I would be more than willing to pick up a bunch of bits for you, and personally fly them down to sunny Australia if you pick up the airfare! It is still summer there right? It's snowing here.

Alternately, let me know what bits you need, and I'll pick them up and drop them in the mail to you. That should help you around the minimum order piece. You can pay me via paypal.

That offer is open to all provided they have a store I can go to. If not, we can work something out.

Cheers,
    Last edited by fsaviator; 03-27-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: to add a comment

Thanks so much for the offer Warren very much appreciated,will keep that in mind.theres a guy at precisebits Ron, He seems very helpful & has answerd a number of questions I have asked him in the past. Summer is almost over here still warm though,
    cheers
    Riche..

300+ Forum Addict

It's the oddest thing about "Down Under" you say summer is almost over and Spring is just getted started here in Wisconsin... Oh, the joys of a seasonal planet! Enjoy your last days of summer Riche, but Fall and Winter are the best simulation months; you know you'll likely be inside anyway, so look forward to that. Heck, maybe you can do some sim flying over Wisconsin and see all the wonderful Green foilage. Otherwise, it's normally White-meaning snow.
    John

Well gents,

Precisebits called me back today... unfortunately it would appear that they are an internet/phone order business only. No actual store front to go visit. It's a shame. Now, not only will I get hit with 8.6% or so sales tax, but I'll have to pay shipping to deliver 10 miles. Such is the price we pay.

Warren