300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question on Korries

This may be a silly question..... but does the word Korry always refer to a switch/indicator unit?

And if so does it always have 2 sections for the display legend?

I am looking at making the controls for the glare wings on the 320 and am trying to determine
    if they are all have puttons in them or are some just indicators..

Thanks,
    Buddy

Re: Question on Korries

Not a silly question at all.

Beleve it or beleve it not there is not a single Korry switch on an A320, the switches are all Eaton switches, but they are identical in size to the switches found on the Boeing MCP, those are korrys!

Just a confusion in terminology, i use "korry" for the large 22.2 X 22.2 cap size that you would find on the 747-400 overhead and the "eaton" is the smaller 15.9 X15.9 cap size switch found on all the Airbus aircraft, but same size as the boeing MCP switches.

As far as the bus is concerned i found this pic of the MCP and there appears to only be 2 switches that are not split legend (the outer two, sorry i have no idea yet what they do) http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6786549&nseq=1 but i would say yes on the glare there all pushbuttons however i could be wrong,

There are annunciators on the MIP (5 of) these are actually the same size as the switch and again not 100% sure but they do operate as a switch but only used to test the bulbs are working

All the others are split legend however the switches with the 2 dots indicates a non operational legend
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Philip Lambert

747-400? nah probably 767 now, FS9, FDT simboards , dunnow about software yet

www.simvionics.co.uk

Re: Question on Korries

hello guys
    well mabe i may be of help this time
    i am always asking qestions so time to help ou if i can
    as i stated i have cockpit sonics fcu efis and wings they are with all switches korry type
    i will take some photos so you can see how they are and there mesurments are
    of the SWITCH are
    19mm(L)
    19mm(H)
    16MM thick
    also i have hispapanes glearwing and the mesurments are
    21mm(l)
    21mm(h)
    but that is NOT!!! for the switch it is were the switch sits in (the glearpanel)
    so imagen 1 mm less for the switch
    i will send you photos of both it seems to me that hipapanes are biger then cs
    i will post photos ASAP
    regards spiro