Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Boeing 737-800 Next Generation Simulator

great work Warren

it look very good i could not tell the diffrence from a ready build mip very good wood work
    i really like the over head send more pictures keep it up

regards spiro

Another update. A very productive weekend. I am now learning SIOC. I have successfully created a working Landing Gear Module. It was not fun... It was frustrating... and I hope the rest of the cockpit goes a little easier.

Seriously, still no idea why it was acting up until I removed the encoder module, but hopefully it fixes itself before I need to install encoders.

Here's some pics. I've put in monitors for the time being as it is much easier to get everything setup up in the software with monitors. The projectors are nice... but it is a pain cranking your neck 90 degrees to and trying to navigate windows.

Here you can see the map lights I bought. They are removable and come with two mounts. It's up there temporarily as I needed more light. I have to admit they aren't as bright as I would like. I'm going to need to experiment with bulbs I think.

My nemesis, The Landing Gear Module.

The glareshield didn't turn out too bad. Not happy with the edge on top, but after messing with it for a couple of hours I determined that it wasn't worth the trouble right now. Maybe later. I'm very happy with the texture... I used the spray can stone texture on it first, then sanded it with 220 to remove the sharpness, and put on three coats of flat black paint.

Received a tracking number from Eren in France.... guess what's on the way!!!!!! You guessed it, my very upgraded Proline TQ and the light switches.

that's it for now. Got to go to work

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

!!!!!!! Great work my friend

Hey Warren keep on building and posting my friend

One word...

revolutionsimproductsthrottlecoming

OK, two...

Can'twait

Tracking Number:
    1Z75548W6790912XXX
    In Transit - On Time
    Scheduled Delivery Date:
    08/20/2010
    Shipped To:
    COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, US
    Shipped/Billed On:
    08/15/2010
    Type:
    Package
    Service:
    EXPEDITED
    Weight:
    9.00 Kgs

And I told the wife I was going to help out in the yard this weekend... but I'm out the door on a business trip next Monday...

This is what's known as a quandary

20th... oh ****. My oldest daughter is getting married that day... Now this has escalated to a dilemma...

*****Update: Now this is what I like about UPS (read heavy sarcasm). They must have read my post and being the service oriented organization they are, have RESCHEDULED my delivery for the 23rd! (the package hasn't even left France yet) See, no more dilemma. And they will probably only charge me an additional $60 when they deliver.

I am actively boycotting UPS since the LCD display delivery from Canada, where the brokerage fee that came in the mail, after the fact, was more than the item and delivery combined. I haven't used them since, unfortunately, this was already in the works.
    Last edited by fsaviator; 08-17-2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: New information...

75+ Posting Member

$58.xx for mine. Hand was out before he would give me the package......

Worth it though!

At last... and early!

Today was a great day! My oldest daughter got married, and when I came home, there was huge box from Revolution-Simproducts waiting, as well a some smaller box from Opencockpits, and some other boxes from MSCDirect! My TQ arrived, as did my OC FMS's, and what should be the remainder of the parts for me to build my dual-linked yokes! WHoowhoo! It is going to be a busy weekend as I go on a trip on Tuesday!

Eren remembered to throw my landing light switched in too!

The only downer.... my chart holders were absent, but hey.... not critical right now. I"m sure they will be coming any day...

Here's some pics:

The packaging was fantastic... No external damage that I could see.

This thing is solid!

Here it is plopped in place, kind of. Time to finish the CDU bay now that I have the actual front profile.

And the switches:

OK... time to get to work. I didn't receive a CD either, so, hopefully I pull the SIOC script out of the manual

Warren

OK, as I can't seem to find the time to update my site, and I've promised some pics, here's where we stand today:

I've gotten the CPFlight RS232 MCP and EFIS to work via the FlightSimLabs Demo, the 2.08 firmware and PMDG (as per Ian's site), and kind of working with Prosim (I think it's me being stupid though, not Prosim).

My Rev-Sim TQ rocks! There is no doubt that it can't be matched. I find myself sitting in my chair playing with the throttle levers...

My Dual Yokes are as of tonight... done (minus painting). Some issues with the Elevator axis, but I think it's just my pot is old. I opted for direct drive via miter gears. Not as smooth as I would have thought, but solid as a tank. I have a tendency to over-engineer things. Don't mind the baby poop green floor section... waiting to paint all the new additions at once.

I spent the last two days of my four day building my proof of concept for rudders... it's based on designs I saw here, and it works. Please don't laugh at my inadequate welding job. It would appear I forgot to swap my DCEP to DCEN, and I'm pretty new to it, but it will hold for testing. I got the gear train working on it finally. I should have that finished by this weekend. I'll only have pedals on the CAPT side for now, but I'll probably throw something together for the FO.

Next on my list is the CDU bay. I have everything to build two CDU's and I just need to remove the monitor from it's housing.

Anyway, in between all this, I've been messing with FS2004 trying to transition it from full-time Piper Cherokee 235 to full-time 737-800. If I can get that done, I can switch back to projectors...

That's it for now.

Warren

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have NO WORDS Warren

Keep on posting... and we will land parallel at LGAV soon

PS. I need your advise on how to transform 2 CH Eclipse yokes to dual yokes

300+ Forum Addict Anderson/SBSP's Avatar

Oh my God!!! Fantastic!!!
    Anderson Roberto de Souza - Brazil / São Paulo
    Blog: www.737ngsim.com.br Twitter: @ARSouza

Well... I think it is starting to look like something now:

The last picture kind of gives you an idea what I have to work with space-wise.

I've actually fitted the overhead, but pulled it out to work on it.

I also recut some of the overhead supports to wrap it around the front for better stability.

I have been ordered to clean the garage and my office (which the cockpit opens on to) so while I was hoping to finish up the MIP and software this weekend, I may not get to it. I can't imagine why the wife want's to park in my workshop/garage.

My initial rudder build failed miserably. I've now decided to put that on hold for a while as it was a crushing defeat and really hurt the old motivation (I'm not used to losing so I don't take defeat well).

More to follow and as always, I really do need to update my site. I should have time while I'm deployed.

11. Thanks Joe Cygan thanked for this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast