Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Boeing 737-800 Next Generation Simulator

It has been a while, but I am back to building again. Work has been hectic but I'm trying to make time each weekend for the sim.

Some may know that I spent a few weeks in Greece on vacation and got a chance to re-energize myself by flying Nick1150's sim. I was able to take some good measurements and are now relooking my build.

I've also started learning how to use my CNC with Gwyn and Wendy's help, as well as some of the other great posts in the CNC forum.

Here's some pics:

More to follow this weekend. I also plan to get to work on my site again too.

On another note...

I acquired my MIP on eBay from someone who was selling it for a family member, if I remember correctly. He really didn't have a lot of information about it.

I'm trying to figure out how to put together the annunciators. I have a general idea of what they are supposed to look like, but can't figure out what goes to what.

I've attached a pic. I'm hoping someone can either help me out, or maybe at least tell me who made the MIP, so I can search out a manual.

Any help is appreciated. Here's a pic of the Master Caution parts and the parts from some of the annunciators:

Thanks!

300+ Forum Addict Anderson/SBSP's Avatar

Wow, congrats!!!
    Anderson Roberto de Souza - Brazil / São Paulo
    Blog: www.737ngsim.com.br Twitter: @ARSouza

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsaviator View Post
    On another note...

I acquired my MIP on eBay from someone who was selling it for a family member, if I remember correctly. He really didn't have a lot of information about it.

I'm trying to figure out how to put together the annunciators. I have a general idea of what they are supposed to look like, but can't figure out what goes to what.

I've attached a pic. I'm hoping someone can either help me out, or maybe at least tell me who made the MIP, so I can search out a manual.

Any help is appreciated. Here's a pic of the Master Caution parts and the parts from some of the annunciators:

Thanks!
    Hi Warren,

I can see the sixpacks and warning and fire lights, but still I cannot figure out the rest. Can't you contact the seller to help you out ? On the other hand, I suppose each button has only one place to fit. Or maybe not ?

Hi Nick, I think I have what I need. I am missing the housing to the Master Annunciators, but I think I have something that will work.

Thats great !!!

Next week I am getting back from holidays, so get ready to fly online together my friend

Lots of progress today. Added some additional stability to the MIP, at least as much as I can without my TQ. Supposedly it ships next Friday... I digress.

Anyway, put things together to test for fit, took it apart and made some adjustments... then into the makeshift paint booth. As you can see, I prime with baby poop green before putting a couple coats of grey on. That way, as it gets dinged up it actually shows green, like the real thing.

So, one more coat tomorrow morning, then I haul it all into the basement to assemble it, and install the monitors. I'm hoping to get it put together tomorrow, as well as get a frame up for the overhead once the MIP is in place. My goal is to be ready to fly (with joystick for now) by Sunday. I've also learned that I'll be using three monitors until I get everything set up. It's to hard to do fine tuning with the projectors. Luckily I still have three monitors available, and I'll throw them up on the glareshield when it's done.

I've also ordered some more supplies for the CNC... more to come with that.

Warren

8. Thanks Nick1150 thanked for this post

Sunday is not far away Warren !!!

Great work my friend

Well,

Sunday night and I'm done... for the night. Didn't quite make it to flyable status. The weather has been typical Colorado Springs... Rain. Every time it rains, tools stop and come out of the rain.

Anyway, here's some pics of how far I got. I threw in my window template on a whim to see how it all fit together... not bad.

Also threw up the forward overhead to make sure measurements were good. Truthfully, I'm about an inch off. I think I can live that.

So, paints drying on the glareshield cover, and I'm out of steam. Tomorrow is a new day, albeit, it involves work.

I'm going to try and wire up the landing gear tonight so that I can secure the lever. That's the last item that is hard to get to. Everything else is wherever I decide to put it for ease of access.

Here's some pics:

Enjoy!... I really need to update my website...

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by fsaviator View Post
    On another note...

Thanks!
    Have the glareshield stuff and an FDS mip sitting on the shelf in various states of disassembly. I can sent over some pics if those would help. suggest PM rather than cluttering up the forum thread.

Regards

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast