Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Post You Are Welcome At MyCockpit and No Matter What You Are Building, You're An Elite And Serious Builder

It was brought to my attention that some of you feel, we only cater to the Elite and Serious Builder.

"BULL COOKIES!!!!" Aaaarrrrgggg!!!!!!

As far as I'm concerned, you're all "Serious Builders," and "Elite" is in the eye of the beholder, and I believe most of us feel the same way.

We all started with a desktop computers, with a joy stick and keyboard, then moved on to a simple panel and hooked up switches, and we asked questions.

I started building my cockpit in a shell, in 2002, and depended on asking the question "How do I start?" WE ALL DID!!!! and it's my commitment to help those who are starting out.

Shame on those, who snub their nose at beginners, for I certainly will not, I welcome those who are starting out and decide to build at all levels. You're always welcome to ask questions, such as "How do I begin building a cockpit."

I'm grateful we have experienced builders such as IAN (IAN@737NG) to share his building techniques and suggestions on how to get started. How could we ever get started without people like him.

It brings joy to my heart when someone new is interested in our hobby. The basis of MyCockpit is to help all, the beginner and the experienced, and they should never be embarrassed to ask any question.

Matt Olieman
    MyCockpit.org

PS your views are welcome.

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!

Re: You Are Welcome At MyCockpit and No Matter What You Are Building, You're An Elite And Serious Builder

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !

It was brought to my attention that some of you feel, we only cater to the Elite and Serious Builder.
    Elite .....
    wow, . I don't know who made a statement like this but I can confirm that it's not true. If it were i would have left again after my first post. I consider myself an amateur builder with a minute budget, ... so it all goes very slowly.

Serious....
    Well, if you are going to take simming any further than a joystick and a pair of rudder pedals then you have to be kind of serious.

I spent almost three years looking at cockpits thinking, "wow, if only I could afford one of those", ... "and I could never make that..." .. well, finally I pulled my thumb out of my **** (self censored) and bought some mdf and placed a quick order here and there....

You know, I have asked a load of questions here, .. and I see a load of questions being asked, .. some have answers that seem logical to me and some have answers which cause me to think "bugger, .. that is interesting" and I try and follow that thread, even if it is not related to what I am doing.

I once heard someone say, .. there are no stupid questions..... only stupid answers. That is so true, and that statement together with the one about knowledge being worth nothing unless you share it are absolutely relevant to what we are all doing here.

Sorry, .. I'll stop ranting now

3. Thanks Joe Cygan, Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Re: You Are Welcome At MyCockpit and No Matter What You Are Building, You're An Elite And Serious Builder

Let me add, I have a very small apartment in a small block of flats, I have no sim room, and my Cessna sim sits at the bottom of my bed. I have no shed, nor workshop, and not even a garden....and no where to build.....but I do build.....where?....

I solder in my kitchen, cut wood on an old sheet in the living room, I drill in my hallway and bedroom, I sand wood and file on my doorstep at the bottom of my apartment entrance, I paint in the bathroom, I design parts on my pc in my bedroom, and just work where ever I can (where my partner isnt).....

I have made a seriously good working sim in which I will learn from and improve my skills and it is dedication and determination from the guys at mycockpit that makes it worth while.....

It was Ian that helped me from the very day 'one' and he has taught me everything I know now regarding electronics and how to build virtually everything, he has also donated some great unwanted parts for my sim.....its people like Ian that makes a 'newbie' the great cockpit builder that they are now....

I don't have a fancy workshop, cnc machine or many good tools, but I make the best out of what I can, and try to produce functioning parts that I could not afford to buy pre-made!

I don't care if people say my sim is cr@p, but who are they to tell me 'I'm not elite', with an attitude like that 'they are far from it'....

Whoever said that this site is for the 'elite' seriously need's to re-evaluate their perception of what a 'cockpit builder is', whether you have a sheet of card over your screen, some working gauges, a few radio modules or full jet setup in your garage, we all have the same thing in common....

THE LOVE OF AVIATION AND THE WILL TO FLY IN OUR HOMES FROM WHATEVER MEANS AVAILABLE!

YOU ARE 'ELITE' BECAUSE YOU LOVE AVIATION...THE CLASSIEST INDUSTRY THE WORLD!

I Solute you all.....Alex.....(and my bedroom made sim)
    Last edited by CessnaGuy; 03-18-2010 at 09:20 AM.
    GA or the Highway!

5. Thanks vybhav, pdpo, 737Steve, Joe Cygan, Matt Olieman, twisted8 thanked for this post
    Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

WOW!!! Alex, You said it well, that's what it's all about. You brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for putting it in such eloquent words.

Matt Olieman

7. Thanks No Longer Active thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Name and shame them Matt! LOL!