Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

CockpitSonic DUAL seat trainer REVIEWS ???

I was wondering if anyone in this forums owns a DUAL seat trainer, FTD from CockpitSonic ?

This item is fully assembled and full PnP according to CockpitSonic and you just needs to plug one usb cable to the PC. It needs 3 monitors, one MCP, two EFIS and one CDU to operate as a full MIP.

Please if anyone owns the above product, I would very much appreciate your advise, in order to proceed.

Also please comment the following price:

I have already contacted the company and I have the following setup offer:

The above product WITH two 19" TFTs, one 15" TFT, CPflight MCP Pro and two CPflight EFIS PRO, all of them preinstalled and ready to operate with my PC and 737 PMDG, including shipping cost from CockpitSonic premises to Athens (Door to Door), total 6000 euros including VAT.

Thanks in advance

Nick

10+ Posting Member

Re: CockpitSonic DUAL seat trainer REVIEWS ???

Hi,

I can only tell you that in talking to a lot of people who are more experienced than myself cockpit sonic in general have not come highly rated ( i have not found a fan ) .. I have not researched the engravity route but i think the cost is comprable and they use the same EFIS and MCP and I have heard good things about them . I see nobody has actually answered this post so ( again based on what is I admit "here say" from builders with 10+ years of experience ) i would suggest you get yourself reliable information before making a decision to hand over cash.

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Before we come to some harsh comments, please read my review on three of there products. If the rest of their products are as the ones I reviewed, I'd give them a thumbs up.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/cont...nd-Transponder

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Olieman View Post
    Before we come to some harsh comments, please read my review on three of there products. If the rest of their products are as the ones I reviewed, I'd give them a thumbs up.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/cont...nd-Transponder
    I do not see any harsh comments and in review i cant see anything that is harsh but I will clarify. I did point out that I was not a reliable source ( ie had no personal experience of them ) , that i was posting " here say " ( based on talking to a lot of people. This being said when i chose to buy from a company the quality of their component is certainly one factor but not the only one. Perhaps I was unfortunate in the people I talked to , i dont know.

hello nikos
    well i am a cockpit sonic fan i have the airbus fcu and 1 com radio i am not shore about there trainers but if you whant to finish up quikly and have the money go for it as i know you do have more monitors than needed
    i my self do not whant to get mixed up with to much programming sioc and fsuipc so there moduels are good for me only need PMwitch i can not
    affored at the moment but are saving up it is plug and play so you get more flying done thand trying to get it work
    and in the long run you will probable save more money!!!!!!!!!!
    just before nyou buy have a look at more photos of real cockpits and try and find the diffrences , see what you could build mabe better!!!!!but i have spoken with cockpitsonic in Germany many times very nice guy Mantheas very help full also with Chis in England at cockpitsonic uk
    they are very helpfull and i belive worth the money
    regards spiro

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Quote Originally Posted by johnwayne View Post
    I do not see any harsh comments and in review i cant see anything that is harsh but I will clarify. I did point out that I was not a reliable source ( ie had no personal experience of them ) , that i was posting " here say " ( based on talking to a lot of people. This being said when i chose to buy from a company the quality of their component is certainly one factor but not the only one. Perhaps I was unfortunate in the people I talked to , i dont know.
    I didn't think you made any harsh comments. Just saying this topic can get out of hand real fast and I wanted to share my experience with their product.

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Olieman View Post
    I didn't think you made any harsh comments. Just saying this topic can get out of hand real fast and I wanted to share my experience with their product.
    Thanks Matt, in ways you are more qualified than myself to comment . I saw this thread lie idle for a bit so decided to reply in with my 2 cents worth. I am glad for cockpit sonic that people who have first hand experience are now posting

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Thank you all for the info,

From my understanding, and reading from you guys, researching is the most important part of flight sim building. Given that one has to start from somewhere, I decided, this to be the MIP, full MIP, with MCP, dual EFIS and after a while one CDU. External view by 3 20" monitors I already have, and maybe after a while 3 plasma 50" (500 euros each in Greece right now).

So given that the MIP is the beggining, I MUST take a good, affordable, expantable, and easy to the begginer decision, that probably I will not regret in the near future. I know the hard way, but I am trying to figure out how can I do the same in a more easy way, and possibly in a more affortable way, since I am afraid that spending too much cash in the beggining, without an equal result, will result to disappointment.

On the other hand if one begins with an affortable , but expantable MIP, and he realises in the short run that he wants to go on, then I guest that it is ok, in my personal opinion, to spent more for a pedestal, overhead, shell, etc.....

Given all above I would like to know possible reviews, from any friends in this forum, that already have this product at their disposal.

Thanks for the info so far.

Nick

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

If you are good at wood work, could you not build the front panels from MDF, and when complete build a structure such as an MIP stand and work from there, with the money you can spend on a cockpitsonic trainer you could put towards some excellent plug and play gear, getting you in the virtual air quicker, maybe fund a good quality TQ, a pedestal maybe or some visuals?

Give it a go, you may enjoy building and get good results!

Alex,
    GA or the Highway!

Well. I do actually own a complete dual trainer like you have on offer. I bought it "used", but it was delivered to the guy I bought it from two weeks earlier and had never been used.
    I don't know your sence to details, but there is a few things that differ from the real deal. Most of all the bezels, or frames, of the panels. They don't look like the real ones at all, but I think you can live with it. I can.
    If you also get the CDU bay, this wont match the MIP in height. I have raised the MIP 3,8cm to correct this. Not a bad idea if you plan to have a look-a-like set of pedals, cuz you will need this extra height then.
    Besides the small issues mentioned above I am well pleased with the setup.

Take into consideration which cockpitsoftware you will use. The cockpitsonic driver is still not compatible with FlightDeckSoftware(FDS). This is the software I use, and Cockpitsonic has told the developer of my software that there will come a new driver allowing FDS to interact, but since then, soon to be 2 years,... not a word from CS even after several mails asking for progress on the new driver.
    This means I can't use the Autobrake panel, sixpacks, AFDS panel. Gear & clocks works in default FSX settings. Shame on you CS.

Still I have no problem saying that the dualseat trainer is a good product compared to the price it's offered for. It's nothing like FlightDeckSolutions, but the price is not eigther.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast