25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Fs2Phidgets 4 Spoiler and Throttle config

Hi to All.

Please I'm tryng to set my Phidgets hardware and software for the Spoiler and Throttle, but with poor results.

Can anyone please send me a working configuration with Fs2Phidget 4?

Many thanks
    Arnaldo

75+ Posting Member

Re: Fs2Phidgets 4 Spoiler and Throttle config

Hi Arnaldo - can you describe in some detail the problems you're having? And a description of your setup? Acft type, phidigets boards, PC setup, etc -

Screenshots of your FS2P window would help too

farrokh

25+ Posting Member

Hi Farrokh,

first of all, thanks for your answer. Here is my setup:

PMDG B737 Cockpit
    TQ by Poldragonet interfaced to FS with a Bodnar
    Phidgets Control Panel Library Vers. 2.1.6 compatible with Fs2Phidget 4.3.15
    FS2Phidget 4.3.15
    Phidget advanced Servo Controller 8 motors
    Phidget Interface kit 8/8/8
    Home made Relay board connected to the Digital output by Phidget 8/8/8 to disconnect the 3 servos of TQ.
    I use the 8/8/8 not for the snsor of throttle

Here the problems:

1-When I start the FS2Phidget software any time I need to reset the Flag "Invert" for the servo n.2 Throttle 2 on configuration tab.

2- I set the Maximum Slew rate on both Throttle servo to the "minimum" 1, but they, on my PMDG 737 moves back anf forth too fast.

3- As you can see on the shot, I use a digital out to comand by Fsvariable "Spoiler Arm", the status of the servo. That work. As the Spoiler are armed that deployed on land. How can move the Spiler lever again to Down position when I move the Throttle?

4- I tried to configure a Circuit, as explained on the Fs2Phidget Manual, to disconnect the Throttle servo by an Output, but with no results. In the Output configuration I can't assign an Output as "Servo Control" as the manual says: No Flags about it a s you can see on the shot.

Finally the real proble are:

How set the Spoiler Logic to move back the spoiler lever to Down position?
    How smoothing the Thtottle levers movement?
    The right way to connect or disconnect the servo to the Levers?

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your patience.

Arnaldo
    Attached Images Attached Images

75+ Posting Member

Hi Arnaldo -

I don't use PMDG - I'm using project magenta (B744) , but here's a couple of thoughts -

2- I set the Maximum Slew rate on both Throttle servo to the "minimum" 1, but they, on my PMDG 737 moves back anf forth too fast.

I can see from your screenshot, that you've assigned offsets 088C & 0924 for the servos - have you assigned offsets 089A & 0932 to the throttle levers? If you have the same offsets for the lever and servos, you can get erratic movement in the levers - they need to be different - see this thread: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...876&page=3#top

Have you tried assigning the MOTOR_SENSOR_CONTROL circuit to the throttle/servo channels? This inhibits the sensor on the same shaft as the servo motor - in my setup, I have a separate sensor for the servo position apart form the sensor for the throttle lever - so when the AT is on, FS2P and FS ignores the inputs from the throttle lever sensor

Are you using Hitec servos?

If you've got the correct offsets, not sure what's causing this fast movement -

About the INVERT being reset each time, I haven't seen this happen on my system, but you could try re-wiring your hardware so as to not have to use the invert function - until you figure out what the issue is -

Re the spoiler deploy/retract - I am using a dc motor connected to an actuator to move the spoiler handle - I have used the Logic function in FS2P to make this work: ie, Conditions:: Squat Switch+Reversers+ etc etc = power to relay to move motor fwd, and condition: Squat Switch+Spoiler Deployed+Lever 1 or 3 advanced=power to relay to turn motor in opposite direction to retract the handle -works OK for me - the Logic function in FS2P is very powerful I've found -

AT Servo Disconnect: I'm not at my sim right now, but I can let you know what I've done for this - again, this is a bit tricky, since there are a couple of situations like HOLD and THR HOLD where the AT is on, but power to servos is off to let the pilot override the thrust settings - I've used the PM MCP Lights offsets to determine when the AT is on - maybe there are some posts on PMDG and autothrottle on the site - ian sissons has a lot of info on PMDG http://www.737ng.co.uk/

hope this helps somewhat

Farrokh

75+ Posting Member

Hi Again -

looking at your details, I just noticed (duh) that you're using Leo Bodnar's card to read the throttles (and possibly spoilers as well), and not Phidgets . it would be preferable to have the throttles and servos controlled by FS2P - you can check in the FSUIPC panel which offset is being used for lever 1 & 2 -

FC

25+ Posting Member

Hi Farrokh,

thanks for your reply.

As you says before I use the Bodnar card to interface my TQ with FS.
    I think dont' need use different Offset to track the Throttle servo, because I just need that servo follows the FS Levers. I just tried to change the servo offset but nothing happening.
    If I use the Throttle Offset for the servo that follow the FS lever the only problem is how disconnect the servo power to use the Lever manually.

Issue for the Spoiler lever: As my setup when I put the Spoiler Lever in Arm position The Phidget 8/8/8 command the output to enable the spoiler servo. On touch down the lever go automaticaly follow the FS spoiler lever and than the servo disconnect. The problem is how automatically move back the spoiler lever to the Off position. Any Idea?

Can you explain me what exactly mean "squat switch" and his purpose and use?

Many thanks
    Arnaldo

75+ Posting Member

Hi Arnaldo -

the squat switch is the aircraft on ground offset -

0366 length 2 : Aircraft on ground flag (0=airborne, 1=on ground) - I use this to write conditions for spoiler deployment, etc - anything where i need to write an expression for wheels on ground OR acft airborne -

About the Spoiler, like I mentioned, I'm using relays and a DC motor with Logic in FS2P - not sure how to make this work using servos - maybe someone else who has some experience in this can jump in -

I think most builders use one I/O system for the Throttle levers/flight controls and servos, etc - keeps the complications down - also, have a look at Ron Howard's excellent autothrottle guide in the Phidgets download section - http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/down...do=file&id=170

What servos are you using?

Cheers

Farrokh

25+ Posting Member

Hi Farrokh,

Thanks for the Squat switch, now understand it's easy.... sorry.

My Servo for the Throttle, I don't changed anything inside, are Hitec HS 765 HB.
    I had read the Ron Howard's pdf, understand it, but i don't know how transfer in my setup those info...

Many thanks
    Arnaldo