Beginning to Build !!! Captain_Eirik's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Go FLight MCP Pro question

Hi All,

I thought I'd see if you had any suggestions for me. Among the bits and pieces that I've purchased is a shiny new GO Flight MCP Pro. Here's my two part problem...

(1) I have settings for it to work with Microsoft Default, Level D 767, Project Magenta, and "Compatable addon" But nothing that lets me teach the computer how to communicate with any other aircraft.

(2) I've been in contact with GF assistance, since the forum has been down, but I haven't had any luck in either getting my question across or getting a useful answer.

Is anybody saavy on what I need to do to set it up to work with another A/C in fs9. (Like pmdg 737 or PSS 757)? I'm not afraid of doing it myself if I know where to start. Am I missing the obvious? (I hope so!)

Re: Go FLight MCP Pro question

It will work with most add-ons, however I'm not sure about the PMDG stuff. A work around is by using FSUIPC (registered version) and mouse map the buttons to the MCPPRO. Read the FSUIPC manual for very complete and detailed instructions on using the mouse mapping feature.
    Regards,
    Brian
    FS9 & FSX ERJ-145, E-170, E-190, PIC737, Archer, Arrow, GF-MCPPRO, EFIS, 4GF-P8, 4GFT8, 3GF-166, 3GF-RP48, GF-LGT, GF-ATC, GF-TQ6, 3 Projectors, 5 monitors 1 computer

10+ Posting Member

Hi Captain_Erik
    Had the same issue - no communications between the MCP-Pro and FSX. Lit up, but just dashes in the LED. I did find the solution on another thread - with the latest version gfconfig, 1.90, build 4, the fsx-to-module data bridge is not launched automatically. What you need to do is go to your goflight folder, and send the GFSDevfsx.exe pointer to your desktop or task bar. Once you start gfconfig, then click on the pointer to start the data bridge.

I don't don't know if this is because I am running Windows7 64 bit, or if it is common on all windows os's
    Hope this helps

Charles

I'm not sure if GoFlight did that by design or omission. I have read that you can open the config utility and leave it open and go back and forth between FSX and the config to make assignments on the fly. I'm still using 1.7 something because it all works with my system and I don't want to fix what ain't broke.
    Their website is getting back online bit by bit. I think you can register for the forums again but I don't know if they will monitor it and give help on it any better than before.
    Regards,
    Brian
    FS9 & FSX ERJ-145, E-170, E-190, PIC737, Archer, Arrow, GF-MCPPRO, EFIS, 4GF-P8, 4GFT8, 3GF-166, 3GF-RP48, GF-LGT, GF-ATC, GF-TQ6, 3 Projectors, 5 monitors 1 computer