Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    MyCockpit Support Staff

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Sim Avionics join forces with Flight Deck Solutions!!!

News Flash!!!
    About a month ago I corresponded with Peter Cos from FDS about purchasing a pair of FMCs for my own sim. I asked him questions about interfacing them with Sim Avionics and he asked me to be patient and wait for an impending announcement! Well I've waited patiently and the news has arrived at last. Sim Avionics and Flightdeck Solutions have joined forces and this could only be great news for the building community in general. Two of my clients have been trialing Sim Avionics software and they are reporting that it looks great and works great. One has been testing the 737 suite and the other the 777 suite. No software for the Airbus crew but I believe it is in the planning. It costs about 20% of the selling price of Project Magenta software so this will not be good news for the Project Magenta crew.
    See the announcement here - http://www.sim-avionics.com/index.asp

Regards Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

2. Thanks W9XE/Project777, xtreme3d thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

Re: Sim Avionics join forces with Flight Deck Solutions!!!

great news for Mark and his team (and PC of course).
    SA really is a great 'cost effective' package and many of you i'm sure know it's my 'suite of choice' when i do my upgrade.
    all we're waiting for now is the NGX to use it with
    thanks Gwyn for putting us in the picture.......
    regards .... Ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

Gents, I'm hoping for some clarity here. I thought I had it, but now I'm a little confused... again. Please bear with me as my endless reading in the forum has come full circle and slapped me in the face, and I tend to get long winded.

I thought I understood the relationship between the various software programs and such but Ian's comment above regarding NGX threw me.

I was under the impression that the (current) PMDG software (which I have) is one solution to running my sim. It provides most of software side for my upcoming hardware panels. the way I understand it, some of the functions are not modeled by PMDG, particularly in the aircraft systems category. This was due to PMDG not releasing an SDK, thus third-party add-ons couldn't easily be provided.

I further understood that software such as PM, was a complete replacement of the avionics and systems software. In other words, instead of using the PMDG 737, I could use the ac model, but PM to power all my systems (depending on the purchased package from PM).

I thought software such as Sim-Avionics were also complete replacements, while software such as ProSIM modeled certain aspects.

Finally, SIOC (or FDS's software - can't remember the name) was just the interface to the hardware.

Ian... I know you were looking at Sim Avionics as an upgrade. I assumed it was FROM PMDG... your mention of NGX makes me think it is an upgrade WITH PMDG NGX.... One doesn't replace the other?

Could anyone enlighten me, and thanks all for sticking through this to the end

Warren

Quote Originally Posted by ian@737ng.co.uk View Post

great news for Mark and his team (and PC of course).
    SA really is a great 'cost effective' package and many of you i'm sure know it's my 'suite of choice' when i do my upgrade.
    all we're waiting for now is the NGX to use it with
    thanks Gwyn for putting us in the picture.......
    regards .... Ian
    Mark and the SA team are using my Sim for a lot of 737 integration testing. 737 Overhead is now patched using FDS SYS boards. You could do your upgrade now Ian

Having been a PM / FDT user in the past I have to say that I find the combination of SA / FDS works better for me.

Cheers
    Ralph
    Speedbird17

I must change my avatar. Here's the latest photo of my Sim

Last edited by Matt Olieman; 03-03-2010 at 09:41 AM.
    Speedbird17

150+ Forum Groupie

Nice pic Ralph, getting quite hard to tell its not a real aircraft from that pic
    another bedroom boeing.....

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wsoeldner View Post
    Gents, I'm hoping for some clarity here. I thought I had it, but now I'm a little confused... again. Please bear with me as my endless reading in the forum has come full circle and slapped me in the face, and I tend to get long winded.

I thought I understood the relationship between the various software programs and such but Ian's comment above regarding NGX threw me.

I was under the impression that the (current) PMDG software (which I have) is one solution to running my sim. It provides most of software side for my upcoming hardware panels. the way I understand it, some of the functions are not modeled by PMDG, particularly in the aircraft systems category. This was due to PMDG not releasing an SDK, thus third-party add-ons couldn't easily be provided.

I further understood that software such as PM, was a complete replacement of the avionics and systems software. In other words, instead of using the PMDG 737, I could use the ac model, but PM to power all my systems (depending on the purchased package from PM).

I thought software such as Sim-Avionics were also complete replacements, while software such as ProSIM modeled certain aspects.

Finally, SIOC (or FDS's software - can't remember the name) was just the interface to the hardware.

Ian... I know you were looking at Sim Avionics as an upgrade. I assumed it was FROM PMDG... your mention of NGX makes me think it is an upgrade WITH PMDG NGX.... One doesn't replace the other?

Could anyone enlighten me, and thanks all for sticking through this to the end

Warren
    I thought the same.

Maybe he's just desperate to get to FSX too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Nixon View Post
    I thought the same.

Maybe he's just desperate to get to FSX too?
    I can't keep up

The worst part is I'm 6,000 miles from any of my sim setup and can't play and experiment. Two weeks....kiss the wife , hug the kids, pet the dog and lock myself in my garage!

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

hello chaps..........
    warren, sorry about any 'mis-representation' or if i confused you.
    here's the deal..... right now, i have a pretty well fully functioning cockpit using the PMDG in FS9 which is working 100% thru hardware, smoke/mirrors and cheating obviously, we all want to move forward and here's my plan. i have been waiting for the NGX to appear and it looks like it's Coming Soon (at last).
    so, i have the quad cores built and running FSX ready to take the NGX. i will use SA as my instrument package (because it supports my CPFlight & Engravity Hardware) and then i was planning on seeing what else i can do with the NGX before stripping out the old system and replacing it with the new one. i don't see the point in pulling down something that's working until i have the new system operational on the workbench. you never know, PMDG just might wake up to the fact that Cockpit Builders/Hardware manufacturers want the SDK. it's in their interests really as we get more sophisticated in our approach and will of course influence the purchasing decision of many.

and for Ralph, would be interested in what Sys boards you are using so i can do some homework

Rgds to all ..... Ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

Thanks Ian, now I understand.

I've decided to hold off on FSX. It took a long time and many upgrades and tweaks to get my system to run FS9 the way I wanted it. Now that it does, I'm sticking with it (for now) and sinking all my discretionary funds into the 737 setup.

I think I'll stick with the PMDG version I have now, and use your tips and tricks to get it max use of the panels. I have been looking at the SA stuff, but think I'll try out the ProSim.

Thanks for all your help.

Warren

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast