Heli Builder
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mycockpit.org Pilatus PC9M Update

As the kids grow up I am getting more and more time for the cockpit again. Below are a few pictures of what it looks like at the moment.

Sim016.jpg

The floor was built and consists of 2 main parts. The rear floor supports the ejection seat, both pedestals and the main flight controls. The front floor on the other hand support the main panel, rudder pedals and will host the 2 PC's. Currently there is a bit of a weak point in the floor where the 2 parts meet. I will have to add support there, but first need to complete the main flight controls.

Sim03Sept2011.jpg

The the ejection seat has been trimmed. It is now a bit more like the PC9M seat instead of a F16 Aces II seat.

Sim015.jpg

I mounted the 2 x 8inch LCD screens to the Main panel and did a test together with the 3 LCD screens connected to the TrippleHead2Go on the main FSX PC. This gave me an idea of what the final simulator will be like. The PFD, EICAS and GPS screen seen on the photo is running on a seperate PC than the FSX PC. All the applications are written in C# using Microsoft C# 2010 Express and connects to FSX using SimConnect over the LAN.
    Fritz -> Helicopter Cockpit Builder
    (FSX | TH2Go | Arduino | Air Manager Avionics | CNC)

Heli Builder
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Pilatus PC9M Update

To save time on the construction of the simulator, I've decided to go for a commercial flight contol system and integrate it into the simulator. I settled for the Logitech Flight System G940.

The throttle (PCL) is a dual throttle system, which enables me to use it with twin aircraft as well in case I want to fly something else than the PC9.

The Logitech throttle is wider than the Left Pedestal so I will have to make a modification to the pedestal.

PCL1.jpg
    PCL

The Logitech G940 Force Feedback Joystick was modifies for the main flight controls. I started by removing the joystick grip first. This left me with a very short plastic shaft to connect the long 32mm control column.

FlightControl6.jpg
    Grip Handle removed from joystick

To enable the flight control to extend from the floor upwards I used Pratley Steel Putty around the joystick shaft to to make an adapter to fit in the 32mm pipe. A cut was made into the pipe to make it fit easier and a hose clamp to keep it in place once fitted. A hole was kept through the centre of the Pratley Putty adapter so that the joystick cables can run through it, up in the pipe to the Otto grip. I now have a self centering control column. The forces transfer very nice with the "extended" joystick.

FlightControl2.jpg
    Joystick Modification

For the rudder I mounted the Logitech rudder to the floor. The angle between the floor and the rudder pedals are a bit on the flat side, so one need to install the rudder controls with an angle. I've used trial and error and lifted the pedals as illustrated in this photo.

Rudder1.jpg
    Rudder Pedals
    Fritz -> Helicopter Cockpit Builder
    (FSX | TH2Go | Arduino | Air Manager Avionics | CNC)