Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Teaming up for Cockpit Build (Netherlands)

Hi All,

I'm looking for fellow cockpitbuilders to start a 737 Cockpit Build from scratch on. Im 41 Years old and live in the Netherlands. My background is IT Manager and I have been in Airline IT management for 12 years. Should you be interested and live in one of the following provinces (Zuid Holland, Noord-Holland, Flevoland, Utrecht) drop me an email at myhomecockpit@gmail.com

Regards
    Pieter

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!

Re: Teaming up for Cockpit Build (Netherlands)

Hi Pieter,

Are you lookng for other people so work on one sim together, or are you looking for other builders that will be building their own sims? There are quite a few Dutch based builder here on the forum. I live in Almere and am building a 737 together with my son. Our build can be found HERE We're doing most of the stuff from scratch. Or with DIY kits.

Hallo Capetonian,

Mijn doel is om met een groepje enthousiaste mensen aan een home cockpit te bouwen. Je kunt elkaar blijven motiveren en het scheelt ook in de kosten. Natuurlijk is het daarnaast ook heel leuk om met andere mede cockpitbouwers in contact te komen en de passie voor cockpitbouw te delen. Ik ben deze week nog bij ProSim4U in Nootdorp en FST op Schiphol geweest waar ze een complete 737NG cockpit hebben en heb nog even een landing op Innsbruck kunnen maken Fantastische ervaring in een volledige werkende 737NG pit!. Jullie setup ziet er ook heel mooi uit! Komen jullie we eens bij elkaar met andere bouwers?

Groet,
    Pieter Paauw
    myhomecockpit@gmail.com

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!

Hi Pieter,

It's best to keep things in English on this forum as most of the people that visit it can't speak Dutch I understand what you mean about building a cockpit together... but... once you do it like that, it's not yours, it belongs to the group. What happens when you can't continue to build because of health or because you just plain lose interest, someboy will have to buy your share... or do you just pick up the things that you've contributed to the project and leave? Where will the sim be built? Not much fun of you have to drive from Lexmond to Hoord (example) and back each weekend or each time you want to fly. I think it is a very complicated way of doing things and you should make sure that you look at all the pros and cons before embarking on a project in this manner.

I have not been to the Sim at Schiphol but I have been to the Prosim one on several occasions and I must admit that I find myself visiting there more and more often, ... but not just to fly, also to talk shop with Perter and Marty, both extremely pleasant people to speak to and really dedicated when it comes to getting that sim as close to the real thing as possible. I have bene in touch with Marty a lot regarding his Prosim737 logic systems software and a few other ideas that he has in mind.

Apart from that I have not had that much off forum contact with builders although I have plans to visit Hessel Oosten and his 767 soon.

Again, .. welcome to the forum and remember to post as much info here of your build )read: pictures!!!)

5. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post

Indeed valid arguments, it's a plan only in its very early phase . I was inspired with the setup of Peter and talked to him last thursday. ProSim4U is very professional in it's approach but I think it's very tough to make a commercial venture out of it. But Peter has some great ideas for the future. My idea would be to have a setup like Peter's but not on a commerial base. So my idea is to found a "vereniging / stichting" because for me the fun would be in sharing. However that are plans for the future, nothing is holding me back to start soldering in my little shed

regards,

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Pieter,

Dutch builders are following the situation here extremely close.....

So, lots of Dutch/Belgian builders here, but owning a cockpit together is a seldom encountered situation a.f.a.i.k.
    But of course, it might be possible. Think about people sharing a motor aircraft or glider together.
    Probably it could be helpfull to write your idea's also on THE specific Dutch builders forum at www.flightdeckbuilder.nl too ?
    Could increase your chances probably.
    For several years we had a Dutch/Belgian cockpitbuilders-day, but als it seems gone ? (hopefully not forever).

Hessel Oosten (Molenhoek,Lb).
    767 Level-D