Thread: Boeing 737 Yoke

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing 737 Yoke

Hi all!

I just purchased a 737 yoke and 30 inches of the column on ebay. This is my first genuine part I've bought for my sim and I'm wondering if I got a deal on it. I'v asked the seller to try and find me a second one.

I paid $275 for it. I figure it can't be to bad of a deal as either way, the yoke is there and has the trim switch. That alone is worth that much from what I'm seeing on replica pricing.

If I can salvage the column, that's a bonus. What really excites me is I may be able to duplicate the drive system in this column, and try my had at casting a resin yoke for the pilots side.

Does anybody know if I can switch the controls on the yoke to pilot side?

18 days until I'm home.

Warren
    Attached Images Attached Images

75+ Posting Member

Re: Boeing 737 Yoke

Hi Warren,

I think you got a very good deal there - I reckon that the yoke complete must be worth $350 - I have bid myself on a trim switch that sold for over $100 - It is an expensive item and not easy to find - Same goes for Trip Reminder.

As far as I know, all the accessories are the same and interchangeable from F/O to captain yoke.

The rest of the column is a bonus - You can always buy some more tube to replace it if it is a bit short - The column top will fit inside a stock tube - I bought some for mine.

Best Regards,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by wsoeldner View Post
    Hi all!

I just purchased a 737 yoke and 30 inches of the column on ebay. This is my first genuine part I've bought for my sim and I'm wondering if I got a deal on it. I'v asked the seller to try and find me a second one.

I paid $275 for it. I figure it can't be to bad of a deal as either way, the yoke is there and has the trim switch. That alone is worth that much from what I'm seeing on replica pricing.

If I can salvage the column, that's a bonus. What really excites me is I may be able to duplicate the drive system in this column, and try my had at casting a resin yoke for the pilots side.

Does anybody know if I can switch the controls on the yoke to pilot side?

18 days until I'm home.

Warren

3. Thanks fsaviator thanked for this post

Thanks Rob,

that's what I was hoping to hear. I'm hoping to convert it to pilots side as my primary yoke. it will definitely add to the ambiance of flying my simpit. I'm hoping I can integrate the existing pinion system into a dual setup, then replicate it or the other side.

Finally, I'll try my hand at casting to see if I can duplicate it for the other side.

Warren

75+ Posting Member

Well, I think the yoke castings themselves are different, notably the opening for the PTT on the rear on different sides, but not sure whether these were cast in or machined afterwards - I think the former, but somebody here will definately know the answer to to that one.

The accessories will switch between yokes and it looks to me as if the Trim and TR will switch sides on the same yoke no problem.

The stub is there on both sides for A/P Disconnect, but you would have to drill out and blank the other side.

I think that rather than modify it, I would just switch the Trim and TR and use the rest wrong-handed for now and lookout for a Capt yoke later.

You might also lookout for a deal on a crossover tube if you will have space under your pit floor - Save you a lot of work.

Cheers,

Rob
    Last edited by RadarBob; 02-26-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: correct formatting