150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Level D 767 pit or OTHER?? Read and see what I mean.

Hey all

I was mowing the lawn today and I LOVE that time because it takes me 6+ hours and gives me time to think LOL

I was thinking about my logics and instruments. Consider - i have just purchased the 5870 and have Eyefinity running. Now I am also busy with home reservations etc etc etc... So i was wondering how to reduce my costs on the pit but still have full functionality.

I have the wood to build the cockpit and I have built most of my FSBUS electroncs. I have a full registered FSUIPC and run FSX.

SO the thoughts were:
    Do i stay 737 and then need something like Sim Avionics or do i go Level D and get all logics and add some instruments using maual panel edits? Is it possible to get all functionality in a simpit with Level D or do i necessaritly have to get an avionics suite with logics??

Can FSBUS run with Level D? Will i have full logics??

I have 3 PCs and a spare at my disposal.

Any ideas? I won't necessarily change my plans but I am toying with it before i go to far - i have been busy with this planning and some building for the last 18+ months!

So the big question is CAN i build a FULL cockpit with Level D? WHat are the pros and cons??

Thanks.

Sean

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!

Re: Level D 767 pit or OTHER?? Read and see what I mean.

Geeze Dude, ... you can't desert the 737 like that now
    Well both aeries will need glass cockpits. and as far as the logics are concerned, . well, take a look at THIS THREAD .

I am using the logic from above link with the shell of the PMDG 737, in other words, PMDG for the eye candy and the rest is third party or default

PS: I sent you a pm before I saw this thread.

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Level D 767 pit or OTHER?? Read and see what I mean.

Hey there Cape,

Yeah i have seen that. In fact i have been in contact with marty for a while now. He has tried to get something working with FSBUS but he does not have working hardware to test with so hasn't persued it and that i can well understand

Yeah they both need a glass cockpit LOL i was thinking using VasFMC or something cheap. It is primarily 737 with a slight generic twist in terms of the throttles and "yoke" as i spent R3000 on a TM HOTAS Cougar before deciding on the cockpit build then i built a simple engin, light and MCP panel and then the bug bit BIG time!!!!!!! SO i will use the same throttle (for now possibly) and leave the door open to airbus and helos though asthetics will resemble 737NG primarily. But sometimes function is more important than looks (in SOME areas) - OH HAS to be as close to real as possible hahaha cos THAT is the most impressive panel(s).

Thanks for the PM bud I think I will stay with the 737