Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I guess I never introduced myself... Hello!

Hello all,

As I begin my new project I discovered that I never introduced myself before.

Last year I put the finishing touches on my Cherokee 235 Simpit. I built a Standalone Garmin 530 and I thought it just doesn't get better than that. It took me about five years to build the simpit (and the Garmin) but it was fun.

In my day job I'm in the US Army and spend a good deal of time away from home. In fact, I'm typing this while in Baghdad.

Anyway, when I'm deployed I usually take a laptop and an old logitech gamepad to continue getting my FS fix. Last year while I was away from home, I bought the PMDG 737. That was a big mistake. that's all I fly now. I bought a numeric keypad to give me some more mapped buttons, and that's how I fly the 737.

Well, I've been getting emails regarding my GNS 530 build so I decided to log in to MyCockpits and now here I am. I've been bitten by the bug and have decided to upgrade to a 737.

I've been researching every free minute since. Once I get home next month I'm diving right in. I'll be sure to start a thread here at MyCockpits to keep you all updated as it goes.

I did spend $1700 tonight... bought a CNC, some materials, a couple of panels for examples... they'll be waiting when I get home. I've also got my quote and waiting for some funds to transfer to my paypal account so I can order the Revolution Simproducts Proline TQ!!!!! I need to order it now so I can get it before I deploy again next fall. Seems there's a lot of people buying it.

So, nice talking to ya. See you in the forum.

Warren
    "fsaviator"

Re: I guess I never introduced myself... Hello!

Good luck with your project Warren. Just wanted to say THANK YOU for serving over there and keeping us folks at home safe with your sacrifices. I hope you make it back safe and sound and can start building that big bird in earnest.

Regards,
    Scott (ex-Navy)

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here and join into our madness Look forward to hearing more as your project progresses.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Warren,

Thanks for your service, and Godspeed with your deployment and your simulator.

Reid

Pre-build Update #1

Well, two weeks to go before I get home. I'll keep updating here until I actually get home, then I'll start a thread in the actual progress section when I can physically touch and photograph things. This is my outlet for the anticipation that is building in me.

My wife says the UPS guy is spending a lot of time at the house. That's her way of saying that there is a pile of packages in the garage waiting for me.

I've been a busy beaver and have ordered the following:

Yokes, TQ, three Benq MP722ST, and I decided after many CAD measurements that my existing three 19" monitors wouldn't fit the bill for the MIP. I order two 24" WS monitors and plan to use them to display all the gauges/screens on the Captain and FO side (clock and DU's). I have a 15" at home (if I remember right) for the upper center, and I have am 8" TS that I hope will fit the lower center.

In the Benq's.... killer deal on those (I think). I found them on buy.com for $769 each (about 60-100 off). Free Shipping, and... if you use ebates.com (great site) you can recoup an additional 3%. End run, got each for $745.

Please tell me I got a good deal. If I didn't, don't tell me, as while I had no problem popping down $4K for a TQ, I'm regretting my impulsiveness on these projectors but I just can't pass up saving money. They'll probably be all over the web for $600 tomorrow!

More to follow, thanks for reading.

Warren