Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Rain Effects on Windscreen?

This is a bit long winded but I thought some background information would be useful to why I am trying to get this to work…again

I am setting up my TH2GO with three 22” monitors about 20 inches from my MIP to look like my windscreen. The monitors are lined up and angled downward to look like the glass on the plane and monitor bezels now look like the aircraft windshield frame.

I recently got ActiveCamera FS9 and love it. Unfortunately the head latency features only work in virtual cockpit, not 2D panel view like I normally fly with. So I used the hex editor and removed the VC. Now I have a clear, unobstructed view and can have the features of ActiveCamera working with my undocked panels…cool so far. In doing this, I lost my VC rain effects on windscreen.

I can see there are raindrop.bmp files in the main texture directory but have no idea how they are used or applied to the 2D cockpit. Is there anyway to apply the 2D panel raindrops to the VC or have only VC windscreen displayed?

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel

Re: Rain Effects on Windscreen?

Hi Daniel,

I do not have an answer to your question. Quite the contrary: I would like to get rid of the raindrops-on-windscreen effect, because I use three projectors and a rather big screen, so the raindrops look gigantic and rather out of place!

But you mentioned something I am interested in: How do you remove the plane details of the VC? You wrote that you used a Hex editor? Can you provide more info? I recently got myself the TrackIR, and in FS9 this device only works in VS mode. But with a full cockpit I do not need to see any part of the plane...

Thanks in advance,
    Hans

my cockpit site: www.hanskrohn.com

Re: Rain Effects on Windscreen?

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Krohn View Post
    Hi Daniel,

I do not have an answer to your question. Quite the contrary: I would like to get rid of the raindrops-on-windscreen effect, because I use three projectors and a rather big screen, so the raindrops look gigantic and rather out of place!

But you mentioned something I am interested in: How do you remove the plane details of the VC? You wrote that you used a Hex editor? Can you provide more info? I recently got myself the TrackIR, and in FS9 this device only works in VS mode. But with a full cockpit I do not need to see any part of the plane...

Thanks in advance,
    Hans

my cockpit site: www.hanskrohn.com
    Here is the thread that I got the information from on removing the VC. It was very easy.
    http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...els-in-VC-mode