Thread: PC Setup

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

PC Setup

Hi Folks

Im currently trying to figure out what would be a good and affordable Computer/Network setup for a 737 Sim. So far I have only one PC which is running FSX and all CPflight, Engravity and Goflight hardware. What would you suggest in order to have a propper setup to drive all PFDs NDs and Eicas MCDUs etc. Should i buy one fast PC or two slower ones? My current one will be the FSX PC and I will be using the Flight Desk software Suite...

Thanks Simon

Re: PC Setup

I think we need more info. What are your current PC specs and what kind of frame rates are you getting? How many monitors do you want to use?

Re: PC Setup

My Main PC is a Intel Core Quad Q6600 2.40GHZ (3.00GHZ) with 8 GBs of DDR2 RAMs. The GPU is a Nvidia GTS 250. Running Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. I'm currently using FSX Accel and I'm flying the LVLD 767 along with Vox ATC. As Hardware I have the CPFlight RS232 MCP 1 Efis Nav Com and Xpdr Module, the Engravity CDU and 3 GF P8s and 2 GF T8. Saitek Yoke, Rudder and 2 Ea Quadrants. Track IRv5. And last but not least a DIY Tiller Unit. I'm using 2 EA 22Widescreens for he Visuals. One for the VC and one for the OH and Vox atc. The Framerates are 25+FPS average only at busy airports the drop to slightly below 20, which is fine for me at the moment.

Im calculating and evaluate to switch to a 737 NG Sim in the close future, or at least start with the Yokes and the Mip. Mostprobably I will be using Fligt deck software with the Poldragonet Panels and I think OC IO Cards.

The Question is fairly general, just wondering what you guys will suggest. More cheap PCs or one expensive one. I would like to be able to have PFD's LWR and UPR Eicas maybe MCDU's and independent ND's. SO I will need at least 4 VGA outs... (not including FWD View)

Please feel free and do not hesitate to give me any possible advice...

I'know already that it will take me at least 5 years and I'm calculating about 15000CHF whitout Shell and Visuals

THX Simon