Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: cessna platform

Quote Originally Posted by kermit View Post
    Hi Roland,
    Please can you tell me if Ian board can drive motors with the following
    frequentie-inverter specs 0-10 volt or 4-20 mA or 0-20 mA.
    greetz
    Hi Henk,

Roland has it right - the standard 40SPU-1 board only does I2C output for MD03's.

I have a dual chip prototype board that can do 0-5V analog output with high/low direction signals but it isn't proven. It also has possibilities for direct RS232 serial output at good bauds from the 2nd onbaord microcontroller chip.

Do you have a link to the manual/data sheet for the inverter you are interested in - I couldn't find it via google. Does it only accept commands in the formats you listed?

Ian

PS Roland - your full-size actuator on your web site is looking great!

300+ Forum Addict

Hi Ian,
    Herewith the requested link
    http://www.elstocontrols.nl/pdfdocs/BVE004-1.pdf
    greetz

@ Henk: Looks like it really needs 0 ~ 10V (or 0 ~ 20 mA) for speed control, and a Forward/reverse logic signal for direction control, though the spec is not completely clear on the voltage level of this logic.

To be honest, these specs seem to be written for people who are familiar with these control units. There are a lot of items that are pretty confusing.

Is the forward/reverse fool-proof? what happens when you switch into reverse at full speed?

Anyway Ian's 0 ~ 5V prototype with direction signals should be pretty usefull; you could add a 250 Ohm resistor to make it into 0 ~ 20mA signal.

@ Ian: how do you generate the 0 ~ 5V? If it is coming from a CPU PWM output, it could be driven via an opto coupler to achieve the (often needed) isolation. That's how I plan to do my next generation D/A converter
    (PS: Thanks ! Yes the full size #IV actuator came out pretty well. Torque and speed actually better than expected, also efficiency looks good. Two more units to build....)
    RR

300+ Forum Addict

Is the forward/reverse fool-proof? what happens when you switch into reverse at full speed?

Hi Roland this question I have already ask,

The motor decellerate (wich can be regulated to a point by the inverter) on his own magnetic force,and excellerate in the other direction.
    Thus leave little out of sync but you are talking milliseconds at topspeeds ,
    I think I have to worry about the forces working on the Cessna cockpit with these kind of sudden movements.
    The platform itself has been calculated and constructed to take all the punishment I can throw at it and a little more.
    The motors and gearboxunit has been calculated to take about 500 kg weightload pull at 30m/min each
    (winch drumsize 200 mm)but will be tested for safety on our testrig.
    These units where left over from a project and where lying in the warehouse for some time now, only to be picked up by me.
    I will be asking about the logic voltage today although I don`t know why.
    I`ll hope the prototype from Ian can be ajusted to the needs I have or rather the inverter
    greetz Henk

75+ Posting Member

Hi Henk,

Looking at the spec sheets I too am not familiar with much of the information. I'm not sure how the braking works.

It looks like direction is instructed by 12V signals on terminals 3 and 4, I'm afraid my card would not be able to manage the 12V levels - too high. There is no mention of what the actual voltage threshold is on those lines (it will be somewhere below 12V) at which they are considered logic high.

I might be able to provide 10V or 0-20mA speed demands - the card works the way Roland suggested with optocouplers which provide some scope for adjusting voltage and current levels. However this would take me a bit of time to work on.

If your platform is a 3DOF unit then the three inverters would need 9 outputs to control them (2 x direction & 1 x speed each inverter) - again the card wouldn't manage this as it doesn't have that many outputs.

I'm not sure if I can help with these inverters I'm afraid - the 12V levels and number of outputs required are a problem. Is your platform 2 or 3 DOF?

I'll have a look at the 10V speed demand output possibilities when I get a chance, but it'll probably be week or so before I can manage.

Ian

300+ Forum Addict

Hi Ian, I have build the platform in a way ,
    I still can change the axis, the coupling has been bolted(6x M12) on a piece of metalplate.
    So if needed it can be removed
    also the motobrackets can be moved or removed to my likings.
    Because I have no final PLC still looking
    For now i would be happy to have 2 dof just to get me on the road , if your card can manage that.
    thanks in advance
    greetz

300+ Forum Addict

Hi,
    Sadly,I have been let go , and had to change jobs.
    But before that,
    I managed to collect my ac motors/gearboxes and the needed inverters(synplus),
    I have them mounted on my platform , but now I`m stuck.
    want to use a Velleman K8055 interface card , I know that some people know how to connect them ,
    I have tried to contact them but with no luck.

The velleman card wich connect to the Pc using usb does have PMW and DAC outputs(0-5 volts) en can use potentiometers for bank and roll inputs.

With the velleman testing software, I can see changing values when I rotate the disk on the potmeter.
    Also I can see changing values when using Jimms page software, so the card is oke.

For now I dont know how to connect the velleman card to the inverters,
    I have tried with pmw and dac outputs ,
    but the inverters dont react to the inputs when using FSX with Jimms Page software.
    Does anyone knows how to connect them
    regards Henk

Hi Henk,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I really hope you'll find something new soon.

Regarding the AC motors and inverters, are these still the units from the link you showed earlier?
    If so, I would start trying to get the motors spinning by applying DC voltage control signal to the inverters first: According the spec, they should be able to accept 0 - 10V speed control input.
    Just use a battery and potmeter (or variable supply) and test this first. Then step by step add Velleman etc.

There probably need to be set some dip-switches or something to configure the inverters. If all fails, you need to find someone who knows these inverters.

I still prefer DC motors and standard H-bridges. Just now playing with Ian's 64SPU card.

Good luck, also with the job!
    RR

300+ Forum Addict

Hi Roland ,
    I had to return the motors and gearboxes back ,
    And buy others for now I have 0,5kw 3ph 230 v motors and 1 to 40 ratio gearboxes,
    Luckily I already purchased the inverters, bonfi vectors with build in pid control
    At my new job I started a course of industrial automation hoping to gather enough info to write programs /parameters, but for now i'm only a newbe.

I can give the inverters all sorts of commands by pressing switches on the display and start the motors
    With Jimms software i can see data transferred from Fsx ,
    Also when I rotate the disk on the potmeters
    I can see values changing in Jimms software so I know the board working,
    I think is a good idea to try Potmeter and a 10 volt source to experiment on the inverter just to see if it works ,
    Regards Henk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123