Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi from Houston. Im new and really look forward to interacting and learning.

Hi everyone,

I am glad to be a new member of this forum. I am very new to the concept of building my own motion platform. Having flown helicopters for many years, I find it fascinating to be able to now enjoy aviation through FSX. I have decided to go to the next level, and am interested in making my own 3dof motion platform for a start.

I have no experience in interfacing software with hardware, and look forward to a great deal of help from you, my fellow enthusiasts. The amount of information that is available is truly overwhelming, and I am enjoying reading about all the great projects that are out there. I am willing to learn as much as I can from the forum. There is a great deal that I do not know regarding software programming. But it appears that there are stand alone programs already out there, which help interface the FSX with USB controllers, as USB seems to be the way that everything is being done in terms of ease of use.

I need help with interfacing the FSX software with USB microcontrollers and servo controllers. I recently bought a Pololu Maestro controller with small servo motors to make an initial miniature prototype platform, so that mistakes can be fixed before they turn costly. Any help in this regard, or steering me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Tony

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Hi from Houston. Im new and really look forward to interacting and learning.

Welcome to the forum Tony.

You are building something way out of my territory, but best of luck with it.

Sean

3. Thanks thomasant thanked for this post