Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Cessna 172 Glass Cockpit Simulator

If didn't know someone spent long hard hours on that I would say it's a off the shelf professional unit. Looks very clean and has everything you need. GREAT JOB.

Cheers
    Ron
    Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful - Amphibian

2. Thanks RojanTrojan thanked for this post
    150+ Forum Groupie verticallimit's Avatar

A super cool "box", nice work.
    Sincerely,

Claus

Quote Originally Posted by Ronson2k9 View Post
    I use Blender for all my design work. It's a freeware 3D Design Studio. Does everything but there is a bit of learning curve for those that haven't used to it. I had once thought of making a Simpit kit for designing using blender. Objects like Knobs/Switches/Gauges and so on in a object layer and then you just copy and paste a panel together. It took me some time to get the stuff done I was doing though so I kind of passed on the kit idea. Blender isn't a CAD program per say. It's a design program so you are working in 'Blender Units' when designing. These can be what ever form of 'real world' measurement you like. It's all relative anyway.

One of the things I did in blender. I only did a bit of post work (gimp) for image enhancement everything you see here came from Blender though (Text/Lighting/Shadows/Transparency).

If you want to take a look at the software it's available here Get Blender. I use Gimp too. I do aircraft repaints with it now even. So I've become pretty used to Gimp.

I'm a bit hung up doing the gauges right now. Don't know if I should go the full on look or just make placeholders for the gauges. As it's a design for building I need all the measurements and so on but on the other hand I'd love to see what it will look like when done. I'm hoping Steve will share his MIP frame design/photos. So I can get some thoughts on what would be good as a support for the MIP. In the beginning I wanted to make an enclosure but as I'm in an apartment now I have to think multitasking with the space I have available so I'm going more modular.

Looking forward to seeing more of your design and construction work when get building.
    Hello Ronson2k9
    You have done a very good work
    I'd like to know how have you made the internal mechanism of the control in order to allow them move quickly forward and backward when you push the button but slowly when spining the controls

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Ronson2k9 View Post
    I use Blender for all my design work. It's a freeware 3D Design Studio. Does everything but there is a bit of learning curve for those that haven't used to it. I had once thought of making a Simpit kit for designing using blender. Objects like Knobs/Switches/Gauges and so on in a object layer and then you just copy and paste a panel together. It took me some time to get the stuff done I was doing though so I kind of passed on the kit idea. Blender isn't a CAD program per say. It's a design program so you are working in 'Blender Units' when designing. These can be what ever form of 'real world' measurement you like. It's all relative anyway.

One of the things I did in blender. I only did a bit of post work (gimp) for image enhancement everything you see here came from Blender though (Text/Lighting/Shadows/Transparency).

If you want to take a look at the software it's available here Get Blender. I use Gimp too. I do aircraft repaints with it now even. So I've become pretty used to Gimp.

I'm a bit hung up doing the gauges right now. Don't know if I should go the full on look or just make placeholders for the gauges. As it's a design for building I need all the measurements and so on but on the other hand I'd love to see what it will look like when done. I'm hoping Steve will share his MIP frame design/photos. So I can get some thoughts on what would be good as a support for the MIP. In the beginning I wanted to make an enclosure but as I'm in an apartment now I have to think multitasking with the space I have available so I'm going more modular.

Looking forward to seeing more of your design and construction work when get building.
    Hello Ronson2k9
    You have done a very good work
    I'd like to know how have you made the internal mechanism of the control in order to allow them move quickly forward and backward when you push the button but slowly when spining the controls

Thank you very much

Hi
    Have you try with sketchup

Quote Originally Posted by RojanTrojan View Post
    That looks great. I have tried Blender but as you mentioned the learning curve with any 3d program is fairly steep and unfortunatley I gave up on it. I was looking for something quick and easy, to see how pieces fit together and Sketchup seems to handle that pretty well.

I know how you feel about lack of space for your project. I had to convince the wife that my Cessna wouldn't take much room in our house. It will probably take up most of our study. She's already complained about having to move the Saitek Yoke of the desk every time she want to use the computer, so I wonder how she will feel with a full size cockpit in her house!

Cheers

Rhydian
    Hi
    Have you try with sketchup

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345