Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Real Cockpits and Cockpit Parts For Sale

Well we usually keep all of the yokes with the cockpits as they are one of the deciding factors in the cockpit purchases. I MIGHT, and that is a MIGHT be able to rob a yoke or two from a 737. I can let the yokes go at $200ea and the columns for $500. No promises though as to if I can provide it yet. If those prices are something that interest you shoot me an email over and we can talk about it further.

Thanks,

Andrew Etheridge
    aetheridge@uaminc.com

2. Thanks NigelD thanked for this post
    300+ Forum Addict

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for taking good care of me throughout my adventure in getting this cockpit. And yes, there will be a next time, as I will take you up on the dinner, as well as coming back for more items someday. If I would've been able to stay a few days longer, I surely would have, but due to the weather that both Arkansas and Wisconsin have been going through lately, one day changes drastically from the next...

Seeing the B777 landing gear would be a treat; however, I already feel like a kid in a candy store who was allowed to eat everything in site. I'm not sick mind you, in fact seeing all the aircraft and knowing that some of them are available for purchase makes me feel very good. It's like that feeling of having candy for the first time; it taste so good and it puts a big smile on one's face.

@ Michael, $200 each for real yokes and $500 for columns is a steal of a price. Plus, I've seen these B737 cockpits up close and personal, these parts are worth the money.

@ Twisted 8, Yes, it is a great deal and you or anyone else can get a great deal too. Call Donnie or Andrew (or PM Andrew here) because they have more than one B727 cockpit sitting on the tarmac waiting for a new sim builder's home to go to. Also, they listed B737 cockpits at a special price of $15K for MyCockpit.org members ($18K otherwise).

John

4. Thanks NigelD thanked for this post
    300+ Forum Addict

Dont want to be a pain, But it looks like a real Ad.
    greetz

300+ Forum Addict

Hi Kermit,

Nope it's not an Ad. I am just one of those types of people that gets excited easily over things that have to do with flight simulation. I went to this place and I am trying to help other sim builders here in MyCockpit to get some items from them as I did.

Edit: Oh Kermit, I noticed you asked about C172 parts and it's too bad they don't have any; however, I might know a place for you to look into and thereby, giving you a chance to get something you need. Give me a day and I'll find it for you.

John

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jkcombs View Post
    Hi Kermit,

Nope it's not an Ad. I am just one of those types of people that gets excited easily over things that have to do with flight simulation. I went to this place and I am trying to help other sim builders here in MyCockpit to get some items from them as I did, at cheap prices (what I think that is cheap). There have been so many complaints about high prices over the years and how we cannot afford these items. Thus, after finding a place that fits the need, I am just trying to share it. Of course, it's up to you to look into it further...

Besides, there has also been many other reports or reviews about other dismantling companies here in MYC, and for the most part it's normally something bad about the company. However, in this case it's not bad, it's good. So, if something is good about a company, it's not called an ad, it's called a good review!

By the way, I found out about this cockpit and company because someone else was kind enough to post about it and thereby, giving me the chance to look into it further. And, in which case I purchased the cockpit because of it. Thus, I am just returning the favor, so the next guy will have the same chance...

Edit: Oh Kermit, I noticed you asked about C172 parts and it's too bad they don't have any; however, I might know a place for you to look into and thereby, giving you a chance to get something you need. Give me a day and I'll find it for you.

John
    Hi John,
    I`m just teasing you,
    your response looks like the ads from tellsell, wich air on the dutch television.
    every time I look at it , it puts a smile on my face, because they really think it will sell to the Dutch.
    After a brief periode you find the items in a shop at a very very low discount price.
    And they still try to sell other crap products .
    No I dont mean B737 or other planes .
    But abs trainers and so on.
    Please give me adresses where I could find cessna parts at a discount price

best regards Henk

300+ Forum Addict

Hey Kermit,

Here is the link I had:

http://aircraftpartsandsalvage.com/

For everyone else following this thread, here is the link for the video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Electrif.../0/5BhsLJUQ3dU

Best Regards,

John

9. Thanks project 727, Joe Cygan thanked for this post

Hi John
    And congratulations to You on making your dream come true.

I really did enjoy your video especially since it brought me back memories of when I obtained and transported my 727.
    You can see our "PROJECT 727" fuselage at www.xsn.net/project727. We have many pictures and a few You tube videos on the website I'm sure you will enjoy

Acquiring the cockpit is just the beginning of all the challenges and fun that lies ahead. Your Boeing 727-200 is a beautifully airliner. Your will enjoy ever second you spend restoring her. preserving her and returning her to the skies as her captain. Your 727 will be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life.

Please Keep us all up to date with your progress and PM me if you think we can help in any way.

Joe Maldonado
    PROJECT727
    www.xsn.net/project727

300+ Forum Addict

Hey Joe,

Thank you. I am happy you enjoyed the video and it brought back those flashback moments for you. Although, it is in fact, your website with all the photos/videos you've posted upon it that lead me to going after my B727 Cockpit. I"ve watched over the years how your project went from being a former aircraft to an awesome simulator. What you have done has been a great influence to us all... In fact, some of your "leading the way" aspects is what others including myself need. And, speaking of such, I would like to know how you produced the gauges and on screen items (behind the MIP) for your sim?

You show the progress of the gauge development on your website, but you do not reveal how you've done it exactly. Much like Project Magenta is to the B737, I know what you've done is something similar, but only relevant to the B727, so what program/software did you use? Can you share that with us? As for me, using virtual gauges is the best choice as opposed to interfacing the real ones. At least for now; however, if Rob continues showing us how to do interfacing with the B727 gauges, I might go that route sooner than later.

Anyway, thanks again for your compliments and I will post more information, photos, and videos as my project progresses. I might even get Karen to make up a website for me...

John

John

I just sent you a PM

Joe Maldonado
    PROJECT 727
    www.xsn.net/project727

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12