Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

New cockpit builder from Germany (Civil Aviation)

Hi all!!!

As everyone who is in this Forum, the idea of building a cockpit for the simulator crossed my mind. I started modifing some gamepads in order to be able of use some buttons, rocket an so on. I had a CH Flight Sim Yoke Gameport version, and i wired it with a gamepad so i can use it via USB.

I had already some draws in Autocad with my original idea (is not that original, i want to emulate the TRC472 but instead of using analog instruments, have a LCD screen with the instruments), but i am thinking of building something more generic. I belong to Airhispania, a Virtual Flight School in Spain where you learn to use (as in real life) how to flight the Cessna 182s in VFR. After you aprove the curse, you can start the IFR training and also use bimotor planes as the Piper Baron. Thats way I still dont know if I should build the Cessna or the Baron... I really wanna flight big planes only when i know that i can fly them very well.

Right now I just bought the Master and Expansion Card from Opencockpits, there should be ready in a couple of days (i ran out of solder wire) and then a can start building the cockpit.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the large introduction.

Paulo Alarcon
    AHS 665B

Born in Caracas, Venezuela, but living since a couple of years in Bayreuth, Germany.

Re: New cockpit builder from Germany (Civil Aviation)

Welcome Paulo, I hope to see some pictures soon. I went to venezuela a few years back on a trekking holiday in the jungle. We spent 1 day in Caracas and a few days on your beautiful island de Margarita. The rest getting eaten alive in the jungle lol.

Seems like your already a dab hand with the soldering so maybe you could send a few tips this way.

Super Moderator

Thumbs up Re: New cockpit builder from Germany (Civil Aviation)

Welcome to mycockpit Paulo!

Re: New cockpit builder from Germany (Civil Aviation)

Hi Steve,

i hope that you liked Venezuela. It is a very nice land,its a pity that the Goverment had messed all up and thats the reason i left ...

Back to business... I started with soldering a few months ago. The first tries were awful!!! but i am getting better :P. Tips for soldering... i just fix all the components that I want to solder with tape, so i can solder them without problems. I also tried to fix more than just one column of diodes and some were loose and I didnt notice it. Now i have some diodes in funny way soldered to the card.

Are you also getting a Card, started already or in a advanced step of building the cockpit?

Thanks again for the welcome greetings... and sorry if I write some german words when writing english :P...

Take Care

Paulo