25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FSUIPC Steering Tiller

I have connected an open cockpits axis card with one axis setup in FSUIPC 3.93 as a steering tiller. This works fine giving smooth direction changes without the need to use the rudder pedals.

However, it seems to also be interfering with the pitch axis. This only becomes apparent at rotation on take-off when a pitch up input has no effect. It is necessary to put a large nose down input in to regain control of the axis before pitching nose up to (hopefully) rotate the aircraft before running out of runway!

Using the axis calibration of FSUIPC it is apparent that the steering tiller axis mixes rudder and elevator inputs during its range.

Anyone else had a similar experience?
    Andy

300+ Forum Addict

Re: FSUIPC Steering Tiller

Quote Originally Posted by ADW View Post
    Using the axis calibration of FSUIPC it is apparent that the steering tiller axis mixes rudder and elevator inputs during its range.
    There's really no way possible for that to occur. It is just another "rudder" calibration, nothing more, nothing less. It sounds like you have something else also assigned to that axis, or else some electrical crossover.

Try using FSUIPC's axis logging to see what is going on.

Regards

Pete

3. Thanks ADW thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Re: FSUIPC Steering Tiller

Hi Pete
    I used the axis logging function and operated the elevator and then the steering tiller before closing the log. It showed that the same axis (elevator) was operating for both inputs. I then used the FSUIPC axis assignment tab and consistantly operated the elevators to find that two axis letters were being detected for the elevator movement. But only one of these was assigned to the elevator. This was also the case for the steering tiller input. Four different axis letters for two distinct inputs.

I deleted all the axis assignments and set them up again. Then deleted the extra axis letters in the FSUIPC INI file. This seems to have stopped the problem.

I am not clear why the elevator and steering tiller inputs were each were each attracting two (different) axis letters. The aileron axis is served by the same axis card and was unaffected.

Thanks for the help Peter. What would we all do without you .
    Andy