Thread: phidgets i/o

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: phidgets i/o

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dowson View Post
    FSUIPC doesn't know anything about any "Phidgets". Surely it is the Phidgets interface software which needs to be copnfigured to do whatever you want? FSUIPC is only the invisible window for it into FS.

And unless you are using FSX-only additions to FSUIPC's offsets, there will be no difference between FS9 and FSX (or FS98, FS2000, FS2002 and ESP for that matter -- that's always been the whole point of FSUIPC, to maintain onward compatibility for applications).

It isn't surprising, is it, when I have no Phidgets cards, and know nothing about the interface Mr. Dyer is providing for you. I cannot support other people's programs, especially when I do not have them or use them myself. How can you expect that?

If there is no documentation for FS2Phidgets and no support offered for it, then I am sorry, but I cannot see how you will get any answers.

Regards

Pete
    Peter,

I have used your product for years..... And I might add with great success. I look at your forums regularily and get help from just reading.

I apologize if I have offended you in any way. Forum posts are so cold, when one reports not getting help from forums, it may just mean after reading all the content in the forums no specific help could help the situation at had for the user. It is not a reflection on you.

You also keep u the good work I appreciate your efforts as well.

Paul

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Dyer View Post
    Likewise, FS2Phidgets is also designed to run as is. There are no communication settings.

Peter, product is documented and supported. I do this for no charge. Is free. Don't make a bloody bean. Only reward is snide comments about lack of documentation and support. I have nothing to do with Phidgets - I pay the same price as everybody else for the hardware. I just wrote an interface between Phidgets hardware and FS using FSUIPC which I share with flight sim builders. You're now making me sorry I did.
    If you suspect product is shoddy and/or has no documentation please extend the courtesy of checking with me first in private. I have some pride.
    Alan,

I want to apologize if my questions in your support forum caused you to suffer. I did not realize Peter D. would take offense at my post. I merely stated I was not getting help from his forums. This is true, as I read what was already there, it did not offer any help for my specific situation. In addition, he stated on many occasions that he does not support outside is program.

That all being said, It was in my thread that discouraged you and if I had not posted it originally.... that may have not happened to you. I feel bad that I may have given an opportunity for another to suffer.

I appreciate your efforts, and I know many others fully appreciate your work.

Please take Peter's comments in stride, if anyone needs to be corrected it is me.

I hope you have a great new year. Your work is already making me happy. I can see it working after I work on the setup some more.

Being a programmer myself, I fully appreciate what you are going through. Keep up the great work.

Take care.

Paul

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Dyer View Post
    Peter, product is documented and supported.
    Good. I would hope so, of course. I was asking Mr. Spiro this very question after he came on my forum asking for my help in getting Phidgets working.

Only reward is snide comments about lack of documentation and support. I have nothing to do with Phidgets
    I think you must be misinterpreting something I said. I never said there was none, I'm sure I said "if" there was none. I'm sorry if I offended you. no such intention was there, I assure you.

If you suspect product is shoddy and/or has no documentation please extend the courtesy of checking with me first in private. I have some pride.
    But I never suspected any such thing. And I was also trying to help by pointing out that if your program works with FS9/FSUIPC3 it should work with FSX/FSUIPC4 -- if it doesn't I'd like to know because it would no doubt then be my fault.

I'll butt out now. I seem to get thoroughly misunderstood most times I come here and try to help. Maybe I should make it a resolution not to bother at all in 2010.

Happy new year.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by spiro View Post
    hello guys
    i instaled the softwere for windows 64bit from the site (i am using win7)
    i connected my 0/16/16
    i rthen run the softwere and on the test page when i klick an output
    the board dose light up so i belive up to know everything is ok

know i see that it says to use a 9v power supplyto trigger the board with the NEGATIVE i under stand that but what i whant to ask is

1. do i have to use 9v or can i use 5v or 12v ????i have these power supplys
    from an old pc

2. i looked on peters site but i did not understsnd much how do i get it to work with fsuipc?????????????

if some one can explane step by step just how i can get 1 on/off switch
    working and lighting up 1 out put with pidgets softwere/fsuipc/fsx
    lets say parking brake or gear up i really need it an will apreshiate it
    regards
    Spiro, sorry I can't help you with FSX or 64 bit Windows, but to answer one of your questions: No you don't need to attach a battery to the 0/16/16 board all the time, that's just for testing.

When you connect a 9 volt battery at the "G" and "0" on the 'inputs' a "tick" should show on the test programme page, when you place a "tick" in the "0" 'Output' section one of the onboard LED's will light up, if you place a test meter across "G" and "0" on the 'Outputs' then your meter will show that the connection is closed, when the light is on.

I am not sure if this will help you, but I have installed a 0/16/16 interface and I am using FS2Phidgets interface to make a light work on my Overhead panel, this will do the same for a brake light.

Ensure that you have downloaded the Phidgets driver (www.phidgets.com), install it and then every time you start your PC it will run in the background, you can check if its running by looking at your taskbar it should show an icon with Ph in it?

Load FS, and then load the FS Variable editor from Allen’s site.

In the Variable editor, (in my case I am making an LED illuminate when the aircraft doors are open, so adapt what I have done for your need’s), choose "File, Open and then Logic Variable Tutorial".

The interface will now show: “LogicVariableTutorial.ini” in the FS Variable File Box
    And you will also see: “AIRCRAFT_ON_GROUND” in the second box
    The offset box will show: 0366
    Size Box: 2
    In the FS variable box the “digital (2 value)” button is on

In my case the “offset” for the ‘door’s open’ is 3367, the brake on/off will be a different offset number (you will have to find this out try using FSinterrogate, it comes with FSUIPC (Thanks Peter D).

You will now need to "create new variable" by clicking the white page icon in the middle at the top of the interface, in the box type in what ever name you want to use for the brake light, in fact there is already one called "PARK_BRAKE", choose this one and put the offset value into the "Offset Box" (in Fs9 this is 0BC.

In the 'Valid Variable Values' section may well show what the on/off values are allready (FS9 is off=0 On = 32767).

Now save using the 'save' icon at the top and you can now close the Variable editor.

Ensure that you have FS running and open the FS2Phidgets interface, ensure its in "configuer" mode and you have your 0/16/16 interface showing in the "device Type" box, there should already be a small arrow in the Index list agaist "0" and the 'FS Var. File' list should show 'FS2PhUIPC430.ini' and the next list to it should show 'Unassigned'.

Now click the first item in the FS Var.File drop down arrow and choose "LogicVariableTutorial.ini, then choose (in your case), PARK_BRAKE after a few short seconds the offset you chose in the variable editor will show in the 'Offset' box.

Next click the red box under "enable", it will turn green, when you apply your park brake in the simulator the "outputs" LED next to the "G 0" on your 0/16/16 interface will light up?

If you had an LED connected to these terminals (providing you have connected the "G" to ground) your brake lever annuciator will also light up?

Hope this helps?

Daveanne

dear Daveanne
    thanks for the steps that was what i needed this is what is happening

i have down loaded ph21.6 veresion(i open the ph control panel and when i tick eveything works ok)

i then downloaded from Mr Alans site(in the file library on this site)the fs2phidgets 4.3.15 softwere extracted to a file on my descktop and tyhan presset set up

i comfired set up with yes and it installed

i get an icon on my programe page

i start fs, ph21 control panel than fs2phidgets 4.3.15

and i get an error

run-time error'76'
    path not found

i try the fs variable editor and i get the same error

this is were i am stuck!!
    if you can help out on this

Spiro, a lot of people have problems with the later version of FS2Phidgets, uninstall your version and install version; 4.3.8

Unfortunately this site won't allow me to attach the file because it's to big, but PM me with your email address and I will send you the file, along with some screen shots showing you what to do.

Also you dont need to start the phidgets 21 file, it will be running in the background allready.

Look forward to receiving your email address soon.

Daveanne

builder

Where did you get Phidgets 4.3.15? That is an old version.
    You do not need to uninstall and re-install
    Update .exe with lastest version 4.3.21
    Available in download section on this web site.
    Add fs2phidget4321.exe to folder you installed fs2phidget.
    Last edited by CocnutAir; 01-03-2010 at 12:43 PM.

75+ Posting Member

Spiro,

I was also getting the Error 76 and I edited the FS2Phidget.ini file as follows

revised 3rd line

FSItemsDir=C:\Program Files\FS2Phidget\FSVariable\

to

FSItemsDir=C:\Program Files\FS2Phidget\FSVariable4315\

That seemed to get rid of that error. However I still have not figured out where the FSVariable.exe file is but DaveAnne's post may help me.

Cheers, Dave
    Dave Kemp
    FS9-BU0836X-GoFlight 166-TH2GO-WideFS-FSUIPC-Opencockpits

hello
    i tryed the update 4.3.21 but still the sme error comes up once i extracted the
    4.3.21 exe to the fs2phidgets folder i noticet that on the programe page the icon did not change from fs2phidgets4.3.15 to fs2phidgets4.3.21
    i tryed again and i see that it is in the file
    i dont know what i am doing wrong
    Daveanne PM sent
    kind regards spiro

75+ Posting Member

Daveanne,

Thanks for your quick tutorial in your post above to Spiro. I have been trying to get my head around this Phidgets stuff for the last few days without any success. Your post did the trick as I was able to light the "emulator" LED when activating the parking brake in FS9.

One small error in your post is the offset for the Parking Brake is 0BC8. Other than that it worked great.

One other thing that was causing me a problem was the placement of the .ini files. I was not able to open the Logic Variable Tutorial file as per your instructions originally. When I unzipped the 4.3.15 edition it creates a subfolder called FSVariable4315 and places the .ini files there. I moved them to the Program Files/FSVariable folder and things worked fine after that. Also I found the FSVariable4315.exe file in the Program Files folder.

Now that I can get it working I will see what other outputs I can get working with the emulator before I make the call on purchasing the actual phidgets.

Cheers, Dave
    Dave Kemp
    FS9-BU0836X-GoFlight 166-TH2GO-WideFS-FSUIPC-Opencockpits

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast