Thread: phidgets i/o

75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: phidgets i/o

Spiro,
    I have never looked for the log file.... I will check tonight and see where it is.

Andy

builder

It is where you installed FSUIPC/Wideserver, as I recall.
    The MS-FS Modules folder in pre-FSX versions.

Spiro, which folder did you install FSUIPC-WideFS in?

Alan.

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Dyer View Post
    Paul and Spiro,

Just to reiterate regarding FSUIC. If you are running apps on same machine, FSUIPC and Wideserver will need to be installed and configured.
    Would also recommend taking a stroll over to Peter Dowson's forum.

The rest of you,
    Do we have anybody running FSX with FS2Ph out there?

Regards,
    Alan
    Alan,

Thanks.... You are right. FSUIPC needs to be configured.

I do have other hardware and software running on the same machine using MSFS2004 and FSUIPC 3.930. All the other items work nicely. I am trying to see if I can get help from Peter D on the configuration of FSUIPC to see FS2Phidgets application. So far no luck on getting that help from his forums. I will keep on trying and looking on my own to figure out the settings required for FSUIPC. Once I get it figured out I may make a video and an outline/list of what to look for and what to change. I am faculty for graduate and undergraduate students and make outlines and video lectures. I will try to return the help I get in a form that multiplies the good content I get to aid in gettings things to run.

Paul
    Last edited by ptrebian; 12-30-2009 at 01:43 AM. Reason: adding content and fixing spelling errors

builder

One needs to configure WIDEFS (Wideserver) as well.
    I am not certain what specifics are for FSUIPC4 and latest version of WideFS with FSX.
    To do research I would need to purchase FSUIPC4, FSX, plus appropriate hardware, read and study the documentation and try it out. Plus give up about a two (full) weekend's worth of my time. I am prepared to help - up to a point.

Andy, what version of FS2ph are you using? This is for another query from another builder.

Spiro, you have not installed WideFS yet? Is that correct? Are you specifically looking for help on installing and configuring WideFS?

dear Alan

i am not using a network i am running fsx on a singal pc
    sorry if i did not mention that i comunicated with Mr Dowson
    and he explaind that wide fs is used only for a network

so i am very sorry for not telling you

do i have to have a net work ??
    regards spiro

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ptrebian View Post
    Thanks.... You are right. FSUIPC needs to be configured.
    FSUIPC doesn't know anything about any "Phidgets". Surely it is the Phidgets interface software which needs to be copnfigured to do whatever you want? FSUIPC is only the invisible window for it into FS.

And unless you are using FSX-only additions to FSUIPC's offsets, there will be no difference between FS9 and FSX (or FS98, FS2000, FS2002 and ESP for that matter -- that's always been the whole point of FSUIPC, to maintain onward compatibility for applications).

I am trying to see if I can get help from Peter D on the configuration of FSUIPC to see FS2Phidgets application. So far no luck on getting that help from his forums.
    It isn't surprising, is it, when I have no Phidgets cards, and know nothing about the interface Mr. Dyer is providing for you. I cannot support other people's programs, especially when I do not have them or use them myself. How can you expect that?

If there is no documentation for FS2Phidgets and no support offered for it, then I am sorry, but I cannot see how you will get any answers.

Regards

Pete

300+ Forum Addict

One needs to configure WIDEFS (Wideserver) as well.
    WideFS should not need any configuring. It is designed to work as is. All the parameters have been optimised over many years.

And it certainly does not need configuring for users who are not using a Network and therefore have no use for WideFs, like Mr. Spiro.

I am not certain what specifics are for FSUIPC4 and latest version of WideFS with FSX.
    If you have an application which works with FSUIPC, then it works with FSUIPC. The version of FS should not matter unless you are specifically taking advantage of new features in later versions. If you find an FSUIPC application which works with FSUIPC3, using documented offsets, but not with FSUIPC4 then I would need to know about it, because it could be a bug I'd need to fix!

The whole point of the development of FSUIPC since I first started in FS98 days is to maintain ongoing compatibility for applications. I don't understand why this is still not recognised! And WideFS's interface is unchanged for more than 10 years, so there should be nothing there for you to think about or do.

Is there no documentation for your application to explain to folks how to use it? I don't understand why they are coming to my Support Forum to ask about FSUIPC settings. What have they got to do with it?

Regards
    Pete

builder

Likewise, FS2Phidgets is also designed to run as is. There are no communication settings.

Peter, product is documented and supported. I do this for no charge. Is free. Don't make a bloody bean. Only reward is snide comments about lack of documentation and support. I have nothing to do with Phidgets - I pay the same price as everybody else for the hardware. I just wrote an interface between Phidgets hardware and FS using FSUIPC which I share with flight sim builders. You're now making me sorry I did.
    If you suspect product is shoddy and/or has no documentation please extend the courtesy of checking with me first in private. I have some pride.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Alan and Pete both have developed some great software that offers us the chance to really do some fantastic things.

Both are well documented and offer a fantastic amount of cost effective I/O for our hobby.

From a personal point of view, I came into the Simulator "thing" 12 months ago, where we decided to use FS2Phidgets on the rebuild of the original BA Concorde simulator. From a standing start, we have re-engineered an fantastic amount of the functionality, any downside has not been down to Alan or Pete's software, or its documentation, but due to FS not really being able to simulate a complex mach2 aircraft!

As we move into 2010 we should all be giving Alan and Pete a big pat on the back for the work they do and continue to do.

All the best for 2010 boys!

10+ Posting Member

Likewise, FS2Phidgets is also designed to run as is. There are no communication settings.

Peter, product is documented and supported. I do this for no charge. Is free. Don't make a bloody bean. Only reward is snide comments about lack of documentation and support. I have nothing to do with Phidgets - I pay the same price as everybody else for the hardware. I just wrote an interface between Phidgets hardware and FS using FSUIPC which I share with flight sim builders. You're now making me sorry I did.
    If you suspect product is shoddy and/or has no documentation please extend the courtesy of checking with me first in private. I have some pride.
    Alan,

Your product and support are great. I am sure I have some configuration to do. Your comments and direction are much appreciated. I would pay for your software.

Please know that I am not upset at all, either with you or Peter D. My comments just state what I am experiencing.

Please keep on developing your software, I am also a programmer and know what you are going through.

Thanks a bunch!

Paul

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast