Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question WWII sims, Anyone?

hello

Just wondering if there are any WWII home built simulators on here?
    I see most are airliners or business jets and a few modern military.
    just curious, I guess. thinking about building a cockpit section of the SBD dauntless. Just because I dont have room for a glass cockpit right now. and could use this time to hone my building skills. that, and a warbird will be just plain fun!

thanks
    jason
    Got Turbine?

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hello Jason and welcome to the nut farm! I don't know if there are any WWII cockpits here but there are number of GAs. I have a love with the WWII stuff in fact I belong to a museum here that has several flying WWII aircraft including the B17 that played the Memphis Belle in the movie. I do think it would be fun. Go for it and lets see pictures!!
    Bob Reed

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi

Certainly a challenge en a beautiful project. Not really a warbird but close is this one :

http://home.versateladsl.be/verlejan/welcome.html
    [

I would love to build a B-25, B-17 or a fighter from the WWII period. Since i have already purcahsed the GC software thats the way i will go. But who knows maybe oneday I will build one. There is a B-17 sim located here http://www.dutch-mountains.com/B-17project.html but I have not seen an update to this site in a looooong time so not sure if it is even in continuation or not.
    Mike G.

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

I've pondered doing a P-51. I have the NASM blueprint collection for that plane.

Arrow Found this online..

found this website as i was looking for info on a WWII sim.
    great Idea i like the FW-190 sim. looks good and the movies are good as well.

http://www.schreinerschmid.com/11501.html

hope you guys like
    Jason
    Got Turbine?

There is another FW-190 sim out there on the web it was done with extreme detail, but i cant seem to find the page here is a BF-109 http://www.edbert.net/109pit.htm and here is a Spitfire project http://www.simcontrol.co.uk/offboard.htm And here is my all time favorite this is a Spitfire beign built from the actual blueprints the work is absolutely AMAZING my hats off to the gentelman who is building this simpit http://www.simhardware.org/
    Mike G.

Hello chaps,
    My first post at the forum. I'm the guy building the Spitfire cockpit section and was directed here by a friend working on the technical side of the Spitfire project, thanks for the very kind words Matt O, in the e mail that was passed on, and to BlackWidow regarding the project.

One of the biggest challenges on the build is the sheet metalwork; and it’s been quite a steep learning curve, as I have no knowledge on that side of things. Tracking down good information is another challenge, trying to obtain information on the various cockpit fittings has taken up more time than the actual building. As to my choice of the Spitfire cockpit, well, the old Rowan BoB flight sim has the code that can be used to bring the cockpit to life, and my aviation interest is the WW2 era in general.
    To anyone thinking about a WW2 cockpit, go for it, but be prepared to spend quite a few hours looking for accurate information of your chosen subject.

Regards,
    Dave

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funhouse View Post
    Hello chaps,
    My first post at the forum. I'm the guy building the Spitfire cockpit section and was directed here by a friend working on the technical side of the Spitfire project, thanks for the very kind words Matt O, in the e mail that was passed on, and to BlackWidow regarding the project.

One of the biggest challenges on the build is the sheet metalwork; and it’s been quite a steep learning curve, as I have no knowledge on that side of things. Tracking down good information is another challenge, trying to obtain information on the various cockpit fittings has taken up more time than the actual building. As to my choice of the Spitfire cockpit, well, the old Rowan BoB flight sim has the code that can be used to bring the cockpit to life, and my aviation interest is the WW2 era in general.
    To anyone thinking about a WW2 cockpit, go for it, but be prepared to spend quite a few hours looking for accurate information of your chosen subject.

Regards,
    Dave
    Good to see you here. I always like to see interesting and original simpit projects. The attention to original detail in your work is impressive! Your sheetmetal forming how-to's are really interesting reading. It gives me a bunch of ideas. I look forward to watching your progress.

Question Great work

WOW, i guess i have some stuff to think about. i thought some plywood, and MDF would work, but i see I'm gonna have to learn to do sheet metal work. and I suppose how to rivet also
    I thought maybe A simple structure would be suffice, but as I research this more, the more i want to do it right.. GRRRRR, Figures..
    just spent about $100 USD on books and manuals on the SDB. now i just need to find plans on any type of SBD Dauntless. anyone have an idea? i was thinking of using Large scale RC plans for the hull? or is there a place where i can get real blueprint copies?
    thanks
    Jason
    Got Turbine?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast