Beginning to Build !!! Captain_Eirik's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

What are you using for ATC ?

I'm wondering what type of ATC is everyone using for their sims. I've been contemplating which way to go with mine.

1) FSX ATC. Just a little better than nothing. But often throws really weird things at you like impossible approach instructions.

2) VATSIM. Like it, have used it, but has its own problems. I'm a little leery of connecting to the internet with the sim computer after spending that time to get everything working together (not that I have yet)

3) A commercial ATC addon like Radar contact. I've heard that this is a really a better way to go for offline flight.

4) Something with voice recognition like VoxATC, which I am very interested in since I like the idea fo talking rather than keyboarding.

I am also thinking of adding on something like "It's your plane" does anyone have any experience with IYP and any of these ATC methods together?

Thank you.

75+ Posting Member

Re: What are you using for ATC ?

For me it has to be VATSIM. I only discovered this last year and it honestly changed my life. I was totally unaware of the world that was waiting for me prior to May 2008. I had no idea of the add ons, scenery, aircraft, weather, textures and so on that was out there. Not to mention cockpit building!!! Quite embarassing when I think about it now!

I was reading another post by someone, mentioning how intimidating he found VATSIM at first. I know exactly how he feels and I felt the same. But when I do a flight now with ATC, especially end to end like on the Cross the Pond events, I can't keep the smile off my face. For that time, I AM an A320 captain.

I love it!

Nigel.
    I can't see the light but I think I found the tunnel...
    www.shamrock075.webs.com

300+ Forum Addict

Re: What are you using for ATC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Eirik View Post
    3) A commercial ATC addon like Radar contact. I've heard that this is a really a better way to go for offline flight.

4) Something with voice recognition like VoxATC, which I am very interested in since I like the idea fo talking rather than keyboarding.

I am also thinking of adding on something like "It's your plane" does anyone have any experience with IYP and any of these ATC methods together?
    I use Radar Contact along with Its Your Plane. The two now integrate well together and allows you to use voice responses to ATC. Not exact like VoxATC, but very good and better than using keyboard or buttons most of the time. RC is very much for IFR airliner flying, and can be used with any of the AI Traffic packages.

SuperATC from the IYP folks will do the RC interfacing

I tried VoxATC for a little while, but really don't like it. It probably suits GA flying more than properly planned airliner flights.

Regards

Pete