10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Help - Can't Get the Red out

Hello!

Can anyone tell me how to get the red out for the MSFSX FSUIPC connection?

Here is what it looks like:
    FS2Phidget4321.jpg

I have FSUIPC v 4.53 registered installed and running. MS FSX comes up fine. FS2Phidgets 4.3.21 looks good, FSVariable is in the right path.... What am I not getting? I must be stupid.......

Almost there, just let me know what to do and I will do it. I looked around other posts and saw similar posts, but did not find anything that pointed out how to ensure MSFSX and FSUIPC was connected properly to FS2Phidgets.

FireWall is not running, the programs are not in the blocked list.... I am running out of options that I can think of.......

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

10+ Posting Member

Re: Help - Can't Get the Red out

I forgot to mention I am trying to run Phidgets and MSFSX on the same computer. I did see that it is recommended to run Phidgets on another PC, but I am trying to hook up basic flight controls in a small footprint for portability of the simulator.

I am running Vista 64, 2.5 ghz processors, 4 GB ram, dedicated 512 MB video card.

Do I have to do something with openning ports?

Paul

builder

Is the FSUIPC version being displayed in the FSUIPC Version box?

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Dyer View Post
    Is the FSUIPC version being displayed in the FSUIPC Version box?
    Yes, but now I am using MS FS2004. There is a problem with FSX that I cannot work out with FSUIPC. I have given up on FSX, too many problems getting it to work with FSUIPC properly. MS FS2004 is a lot easy to work with for me. Things just work in MS2004.

I have all green boxes in FS2Phidgets now, I think it is now just a matter of configuring FSUIPC to receive the values from FS2Phidgets.

When I contact P. Dowson on this he says to contact you (essentially). I think the problem lies within the FSUIPC.ini file. I am reading the documentation to see what ini settings I have to turn on and turn off. The documentation on FSUIPC is a lot to go over, especially when I do not know what settings to look for to get FSUIPC to see the FS2Phidgets software.

I have other hardware working thru FSUIPC nicely in FS2004. I have used FSUIPC with MSFS2004 for many years and have a lot of hardware on my main simulator. I have a full cockpit for a C172.

This project is to setup a portable cockpit, and the last thing to get working is the phidget hardware. Once I have the phidget hardware working I wil buy more phidget hardware and build a mini-basic flight control console for the road.

I think I am just down to configuring FSUIPC to see FS2Phidgets.

FS2Phidgets can see the FSUIPC version (3.930), and reports FS2004 running. All nice and green.

When I go to assign axis in FSUIPC I do not see the phidget mini joystick vaules in fsuipc to set.

I love a good challenge, but a little direction to make FSUIPC see FS2Phidgets would be great. Knowing generally what to look for is all I need.

Any help is appreciated. If you want me to ask Peter D. again I will (since I think it is his problem not yours).

Thanks!

Paul

builder

As I type this I have FS2004 and fs2ph running on same machine as do a number of folks. Few folks have FSX and FS2Ph running on same machine. Almost sure Andy is running like this. I do not have FSX on any of my systems.

Ask Peter if he has utility to verify if FSUIPC-Wideserver installation is OK. Although, the only facility I know of to date, is the green light on FS2Ph.
    I put that light in there many years ago to help distinguish between FS2Phiget, FSUIPC, Phidgets, Windows, network and hardware issues.
    I only support one item on the aforementioned list.

10+ Posting Member

As I type this I have FS2004 and fs2ph running on same machine as do a number of folks. Few folks have FSX and FS2Ph running on same machine. Almost sure Andy is running like this. I do not have FSX on any of my systems.

Ask Peter if he has utility to verify if FSUIPC-Wideserver installation is OK. Although, the only facility I know of to date, is the green light on FS2Ph.
    I put that light in there many years ago to help distinguish between FS2Phiget, FSUIPC, Phidgets, Windows, network and hardware issues.
    I only support one item on the aforementioned list.
    Alan,

Thanks for your help. It is nice to have a friendly conversation.

Yes, FSUIPC does work, the installation of the module gives a report of the installation success. Also, other hardware and software I have running that uses FSUIPC and MSFS2004 works good.

I do think it is the setup of FSUIPC options that is the problem. Your program with the green indications is fantastic.

I will endeavor to work with Peter to work out the issues. I will report back when I have a solution, which may help someone else in these discussions. Peter also limits his support to his module, which is understandable.

I will get it to work eventually, getting help just speeds up my troubleshooting process.

Your program and support are outstanding.

Best wishes.

Paul

builder

Guys, I have tried something novel. I went and read the WideFS documentation, and this is what it states:

What is WideFS?
    This interface provided methods for programs running outside the Simulator, but in the same PC, to read various values from FS and write different values back. This enabled a wealth of programs such as moving maps, weather control, external instrumentation, extended autopilots and even flight management systems to be developed.

This is a little confusing, but is written in the past tense. I have Wideserver installed on both my systems (development and flight sim). When I am travelling I only have my laptop with me. I could try removing WideServer and see what happens, but Peter's word is good enough for me.

10+ Posting Member

Guys, I have tried something novel. I went and read the WideFS documentation, and this is what it states:

What is WideFS?
    This interface provided methods for programs running outside the Simulator, but in the same PC, to read various values from FS and write different values back. This enabled a wealth of programs such as moving maps, weather control, external instrumentation, extended autopilots and even flight management systems to be developed.

This is a little confusing, but is written in the past tense. I have Wideserver installed on both my systems (development and flight sim). When I am travelling I only have my laptop with me. I could try removing WideServer and see what happens, but Peter's word is good enough for me.
    Alan,

Thanks again! your timely replies and read on things is much appreciated. I do love a challenge, and this is fun to work on. I am sure I will eventually figure it out. I take responsibility to setup things correctly as the software intends it to be.

I will try things out as well.

Have a great new year.

Paul