10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Noob from Wisconsin

I see a lot of great activity and great programming from Alan Dyers, which convinced me to purchase a Phidget Mini-Dual Axis Joystick and an 8/8/8 board to see if I could get it to work in MSFS as a small portable joystick. I travel a lot which takes me out of the real cockpit, but want to keep proficient in the cockpit. I have decided if I can get the mini joystick to work, then I would expand it to do other controls for basic filght. I have installed the phidgets library (v21) fs2phidgets 4.3.1.5, and fsuipc (v4.5). My joystick and 8/8/8 board will arrive on the 21st. If I can get the joystick to work, I am planning on using other phidget items to give basic flight control, like flaps, carb heat, fuel mixture, and rudder control. My goal is to make a mini console for basic flight. I will be using vrInsight Micro ProPit for the gauges.

I have a good laptop (Asus G50V) for flight sim, but want to get rid of hte bulky joystick.

Just to see what is working for Phidget operation, I started to try to run installed items..... I can see the Phidget control panel running, and I can run the fsvariable program. But when I double click the 4.3.1.5 exe it gives me an runtime error 76 path not found. I saw some post on the runtime error, but did not understand what the solution was.

What am I missing, or do I have to wait for the two phidgets to come before this error goes away?

Any help is appreciated.

Paul

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Noob from Wisconsin

Make sure you put the FSvairable exe programme in the same folder as FSPhidget.exe

Run up FSVairable from this folder, then run FS2Phidget and you will be off and running

If you are still waiting for your Phidgets to arrive, Alan has some great emulation phidgets in the software which are great for testing

10+ Posting Member

Re: Noob from Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    Make sure you put the FSvairable exe programme in the same folder as FSPhidget.exe

Run up FSVairable from this folder, then run FS2Phidget and you will be off and running

If you are still waiting for your Phidgets to arrive, Alan has some great emulation phidgets in the software which are great for testing
    Gordo,

Thanks! I will make sure I have things in the right path and try again. I do not mind at all troubleshooting things. It is half the fun.

Again, thank or giving me options to try.

Paul