Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

New EFB software available for the FSX

Hello,

in the last Navigraph newsletter I found a hint to a new EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) software for the FSX from a swiss company called AivlaSoft. You can download and test the software for 30 days without restrictions here.

Here are my first impressions:

After performing some tests with the evaluation version I have to say that I am quite impressed. As far as I know this is the first solution for the FSX (or any other PC based simulator) which can be called a solid software base for an EFB for airliners (as described here). And I have waited quite some time for such a software to become available.

Since the software is new there are still some minor problems to be solved (see their forum) but the overall stability and usability is very good. The support is really excellent and on level with other small and flexible solution providers I know, like TopCat, FS2Crew, FSWidgets, Sim Avionics, etc.

The advantages of the software are really overwhelming for me. It is fast, flexible, has all the necessary feature of a Type A EFB software and some of Type B (see the Wikipedia link above), and has a very professional look & feel. The explicit touchscreen support is another plus. The nicest feature for me is, however, the dynamic generation of the charts via the combination of FSX and Navigraph information, so that the EFB always represents the current status of the simulator. Combined with the availability of the AIRAC cycles from Navigraph right from the beginning you can easily synchronize the Nav databases of many add-on planes and flight planners with the EFB. Five stars from me for this approach. Meanwhile I've bought a full license.

I've also tested EFBFSX from FSWidgets for some time and although it is a really nice program it seems to be more intended for the GA area (including the look & feel). The main disadvantage for me is that one have to bring in the charts as external files which can be an awful amount of work (e.g. when using NDAC charts).

So for everyone who is looking for a serious EFB solution for the FSX it's worth to give it a try.

Best regards,
    Michael

Re: New EFB software available for the FSX

I am starting to evaluate and compare EFG FSX and the efb from FsWidgets.
    Have you posted your evaluation results?
    Appreciate your help.
    Tomas

Hi Tomas
    I am not quite sure what you mean by "posted your evaluation results". In my original post I described my first (very positve) experience with the EFB from Aivlasoft. I never intended to do a full scale evaluation of the two products because I found the best solution for my usage, which was (and still is) definitely EFB. You can download the product and try it for yourself for free (30 days), that's more than most developers offer. I am using the product since 2 years now and have never regretted its purchase. If I could have only one tool for the FSX it would be EFB for sure.

Regards,
    Michael
    B738: 3,892 orders and counting...
    My cockpit building blog can be visited here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bug738 View Post
    Hi Tomas
    I am not quite sure what you mean by "posted your evaluation results". In my original post I described my first (very positve) experience with the EFB from Aivlasoft. I never intended to do a full scale evaluation of the two products because I found the best solution for my usage, which was (and still is) definitely EFB. You can download the product and try it for yourself for free (30 days), that's more than most developers offer. I am using the product since 2 years now and have never regretted its purchase. If I could have only one tool for the FSX it would be EFB for sure.

Regards,
    Michael
    Thanks for your anwser. I will continue my 30 day trial and decide.
    Regards,
    Tomas
    Last edited by tamunoz; 10-31-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Is there any possibilities to get this beauty work on Android?

500+ This must be a daytime job

Michael,

Thank you for posting, as I too am an Aivlasoft EFB user for over a year now. This program is the best of all that is used in our home cockpit. The features it offers is amazing! You mentioned the navigraph updates and how sweet it is to have the updated AIRAC cycles. I 100% agreee with you on this and since we're using Project Magenta (PM) software and we're getting the AIRAC cycles for that, it is so nice to setup a route in EFB and then know it will match PM.

We use EFB via Air Display on an IPad. It works really nice, but still have to use a PC for EFB behind the IPad. Hopefully, Aivlasoft will make the EFB exclusive for the IPad, as sooner or later someone will...

Here is Aivlasoft's website:

http://www.aivlasoft.com/products/efb/index.html

Here is another link for the reading for those that want to know more:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...803#post125803

Best Regards,

BSD

@TTeepo
    Honestly I do not think that it will be ever natively running on Android (or iOS). The only chance I see for Android is to use a similar method as BSD has described in his post above, i.e. by using some wireless display solution such as Air Display for iOS. There is one app for Android called IDisplay which could be probably used for this.

@BSD
    I also tried the Air Display with an iPad but this is not completely realistic because they do not use wireless technology in cockpits usually. The EFBs I've seen so far are normally fixed installations.

Regards,
    Michael
    B738: 3,892 orders and counting...
    My cockpit building blog can be visited here.