Thread: Hello all

Beginning to Build !!! Captain_Eirik's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Hello all

OK, made the flights.

Looking with a different view (reading the forums here, along with Mike Powell's book)

I think I have to remove the Fokker... The Fokker is coming out because it really drags down my frame rates, and with the things I would be adding, it would be pretty, but the view out the windows would look like a power point presentation.

The Canadair is coming out too. Simply because not enough is modeled. It might make a good starter project or even a basic uncomplicated 'pit. I can't see spending that much money when it is kind of obsolete before I ever start. Especially when I tend to like the more complicated sims.

The 738. Kind of a tentative. If a really good one comes out for FSX, that may be the bird I'm looking for. (and PMDG is supposed to be working on one)

Level D... If they ever release that 757, (It was announced back in 2006...) and if it lives up to their standards (meaning it sets the standards that everything else is judged by.) I can see that being my choice. That is a more versatile plane, and she has that incredible rate of climb.

So those are where I stand at the moment. I'm kind of waiting for planes that don't exist yet.

Made a decision. I'm doing the Boeing 757-200

Decided too to use a freeware (like Posky) 757-200. While I wait for the payware one. I can work on things at an easier level in the beginning since that should give me some experience in networking, getting things built and attached to the computer, like light switches, etc. Then when Level D finally releases their 757 I should be up to the challenge.

As a side note, I would have liked an Airbus, but their fly by wire system just isn't modeled correctly by anyone.

3. Thanks Perik thanked for this post

Thought I'd give an update as to where I am.

I have purchased a few more things to help me figure out how to do this thing. Now my ultimate destination is to get the the 757, hopefully Level D will finish theirs and I'll be ready to tackle it then.

But for now.... I want to get started and get some experience.

1) The smaller goal is to get up and running, make something that I can play with and experiment on without worrying about minute details. In the short term it should be able to represent the Boeing twinjets.

2) I just ordered two go flight modules, the MCP and a Radio. (I know that the MCP is modeled off of the 737, but again, this is to get something to play with until the final version is up and running.

3) Ive decided to go with a PVC and Foam shell for now, easy, cheap and should allow for experimentation.

4) Going to use two USB Keyboards for extra switches, along with the xkeys jog and shuttle along with the Goflight modules and for now... FS9. The current cockpit wil focus more on getting things working and making some sort of sense. I won't be worrying about appearance, and some things will just be out of place as far as the real cockpit is concerned. Not to mention some of the sim controls will be plainly marked.

This should provide a testing platform that will let me get the experience that I'll need to accomplish the final goal, which is the 757 cockpit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12