Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

opencockpits MCDU Airbus & Airbus Radio module

Hi all I am thinking of ordering the mcdu and radio module form opencockpits.
    I am going to be using them with the wilco airbus as i think this will be a good start for me as I intend to build the centre consule over xmas and will be nice to drop a couple of pieces in.

Are they value for money and are they an easy set up.

any feedback would be helpfull

Kind regards
    Darren

Re: opencockpits MCDU Airbus & Airbus Radio module

hi Darren

I don't know to much about OC config, etc but maybe you can consider my offer. I am building A320 cockpit from some time, apart from that I am designing completely new, based on latest technology set of I/O boards mainly for FSX and FS9, driven by my own software. Currently I have finished 2 main I/O boards I/O GLARE and I/O PEDESTAL which will be available soon. Few other projects includes MCDU, FCU+EFIS and TQ which are almost finished. You can see progress on my website http://www.a320-project.skalarki.co.uk.
    But the best part for you is: currently all my software is designend to work with Wilco Airbus and on lates stage will be as well compatible with any nice Airbus like Airsimmer for example.
    So I can offer you exactly same quality MCDU like from OC but fully supported in Wilco bird and driven from my I/O boards. Any questions, just drop me an email.

Marcin

Re: opencockpits MCDU Airbus & Airbus Radio module

When buying from OpenCockpits >>> BE CAREFULL ! <<< They sell their MCDU's with PAL lcd monitors. Also the power supply is the european type 220 volts. It is almost impossible to use it here in the US. I wrote several emails asking them why the sell equipment not compatilble for the US but they never bother to answer. I had to buy two ps one lcd's from ebay. O.C. have very nice panels but custumer service is really bad.