Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Programmer

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Need testers for 737 systems simulator software

Quote Originally Posted by markusr View Post
    I own only the USB Servo card and its working fine with no master card.
    Maybe there are more versions available....
    I believe indeed that this is a new product line that no longer requires a master card. I've also checked the configuration utility, and I see that they want you to specify a "left", "center" and "right" value. I'll have to test this to see how this works out and how it's supposed to be set.

75+ Posting Member

Hi Marty, I have an anomoly with my setup. I could be doing something wrong but not shure?
    All works perfect on the initial startup from "cold and dark". The "problem" is that after I fly a while, land and shut down I can start the APU but no bleed pressure and no engine rotation. I can't make it work without restarting the program. Any ideas on what to check for?

thanks much...Andy Smith

Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by ANDYSMITH View Post
    Hi Marty, I have an anomoly with my setup. I could be doing something wrong but not shure?
    All works perfect on the initial startup from "cold and dark". The "problem" is that after I fly a while, land and shut down I can start the APU but no bleed pressure and no engine rotation. I can't make it work without restarting the program. Any ideas on what to check for?

thanks much...Andy Smith
    Have you been using wing anti ice? The wing anti ice valve is a pneumatically operated valve. WAI uses a ton of bleed air, and the APU does not provide enough bleedair to move the valve to close position, so make sure you turn off WAI before shutting down your bleed air sources. If you shut down your bleed air sources with WAI on, you're basically stuck in the position you describe.

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!

Quote Originally Posted by metamarty View Post
    Have you been using wing anti ice? The wing anti ice valve is a pneumatically operated valve. WAI uses a ton of bleed air, and the APU does not provide enough bleedair to move the valve to close position, so make sure you turn off WAI before shutting down your bleed air sources. If you shut down your bleed air sources with WAI on, you're basically stuck in the position you describe.
    Hey Marty,

It's this kind of post, especially when combined with having listened to you elaborate in great detail while flying your sim about how certain systems in the 737NG work, that illustrate just how complex your systems software is.

Where other systems might use a more simplified 'FS2004' approach this software makes one actually think about what happens when a switch is flipped. I realized after our first visit to the Sim that I actually only knew the basics of the 737's systems so I went out on the net in search of good stuff for the home library.

Apart from the 737NG cockpit companion and FMC guide that I will pick up next time I am at the LH Shop I also found a few good websites which really go into the systems. Most people here will be familiar with b737.org.uk a site which I often visit and the companion site to Chris Brady's book which I must admit was the first book that I actually purchased on the 737.
    Another absolute goldmine of info is www.smarktcockpit.com, for all builders among us there is tons of info on most (civil airline type) aircraft. This is the direct link to the 737NG pages.
    Most of the system info can be downloaded in PDF form, I have downloaded all the 737 stuff and am printing one or two each time I get a chance at the office, these are then perferated and placed in a 2 ring binder, in this way I can build up a very elaborate 737 systems guide.....

I hope that it helps me understand all the systems in the 737.

Here are a few pics from my new 'Bedtime book!' All illustration in these pics are from www.smartcockpits.com

Bleed Air Systems

Overheat Ducts

APU Overhead panel.

75+ Posting Member

Ok, I feel stupid. Not really, but I now recall my friend telling me that if you shut something down in the wrong order that you will be stuck. He flies for Alaska and said that if you make what I am shure is 'this' mistake in nowhereville Alaska that it is no problem because there are 12 mechanics waiting inside just to help you...NOT..there's no mechanics for 800 miles and it takes all day for one to fly there and manually crank the valve closed so you can start your engines.

Very cool to learn more about the 737, your software is a good learning tool.

Thanks much...Andy Smith

Programmer

Ok, I feel stupid. Not really, but I now recall my friend telling me that if you shut something down in the wrong order that you will be stuck. He flies for Alaska and said that if you make what I am shure is 'this' mistake in nowhereville Alaska that it is no problem because there are 12 mechanics waiting inside just to help you...NOT..there's no mechanics for 800 miles and it takes all day for one to fly there and manually crank the valve closed so you can start your engines.

Very cool to learn more about the 737, your software is a good learning tool.

Thanks much...Andy Smith
    No problem, it happens in our simulator too when we had customers. When nobody looked, I pressed CTRL-E on the keyboard to start the engines.

75+ Posting Member

Hi Marty, have you thought about phidget text LCD support for the electrical panel, volts, amps ect?

Andy

Programmer

Hi Marty, have you thought about phidget text LCD support for the electrical panel, volts, amps ect?

Andy
    Yes, it's nearing completion. I've added support for the MatrixOrbital VFD2041 screen, which is a close copy of the actual green display. Of course, the phidget LCD will work too. The electrical panel will display the usual data and will have a full working maintenance mode when the switches are in "Test" position and the MAINT button is used. This will allow you to view electrical faults that are stored in memory and clear these faults.

75+ Posting Member

Nice work with the ProSim Marty - I have it running on my test PC and it is most impressive.

Couple of minor points that may be of interest - Unless I'm doing something daft of course!

Just looking at the lighting control and on my setup I find that the Anti-Collision Beacon and Strobe controls appear to be exchanged?

Also, Position and R/W Turnoff light controls don't seem to work - I think 'Position' are the Nav Lights referred to at Offset 0D0C bit 0, but I'm not sure whether Runway Turnoff is accessible - Unless it is 'Recognition' referred to at bit 6?

I haven't got as far as controlling any hardware yet, but I hope to try this asap probably using a mix of OC and BU836.

Cheers,

Rob

75+ Posting Member

Happy new year everyone!!

Marty, I have another request, or maybe it already happens?

I have an led 64 card on another computer running FS2Phidgets for MIP, gear, autobrake ect. It would be sweet if I could pick up the offsets for the Master caution, Fire and 6-pack from there and save a bunch of long wires from the overhead down to that location.
    That would be usefull for not just me but others with phidgets gear already running. If you could transmit all the ofsets to FSUIPC, one could use guage , button and indicators from anywhere on the network.
    I have to run your software on another PC because I could not get the phidgets cards to be seen by two programs. So I have one LED64 in the ovewrhead running directly from your software, and the other for MIP.

Thanks again for your efforts!!!

Andy

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast