Thread: 2d vs. VC Poll

75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

2d vs. VC Poll

I tried this in another forum sub-group but it would not update the Main page New Thread banner. Here it is one last time.

There is a 2d vs. VC poll at Avsim FSX forum. Apparently at least one software developer is phasing out 2d panels in his future releases.

If you use 2d panels for cockpit building you may want to vote your opinion.

Here is a direct link: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=267745

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Re: 2d vs. VC Poll

I see this and the other post and it's listed as a new post and also listed as recent threads on the home page. OOPS, forgot to mention, it's been viewed 32 times so far.

Thank you N242AM

75+ Posting Member

Thanks Matt.

The site had some type of hic-cup this morning when I posted. That may be the reason it never showed up on the Main page.

Well if it doesn't have 2D panels I won't be buying it! I would post this to the AVSIM forum but for some strange reason I can't log in. Can't take the poll even. If I can't separate the outside view and drag the panels to my inside monitors the plane is useless to me. I made the mistake of buying an aircraft that only has the VC view and I'll not buy another from them. Sad too because they model the MFG of aircraft that I like. However Dreamfleet has a nice Dakota with 2D panels that I will be getting shortly. Waiting for the upgrade of their Archer to FSX then I will be very happy. If I want to fly GA in FSX I use the Flight1 172R or the default Mooney.
    I do use the VC with the Archer in FS9 so I can see the nose in proper perspective. But I also have the 2D panels set to the various monitors.

Here is what I see when flying the FSX Mooney. As you can see I have moved various panels to my monitors to fill out the cockpit. Can't do that with VC only.

Another view showing the center console, and the wiring nightmare at the copilots feet.

Regards,
    Brian
    Last edited by PDT 200; 11-30-2009 at 12:33 AM. Reason: add info
    FS9 & FSX ERJ-145, E-170, E-190, PIC737, Archer, Arrow, GF-MCPPRO, EFIS, 4GF-P8, 4GFT8, 3GF-166, 3GF-RP48, GF-LGT, GF-ATC, GF-TQ6, 3 Projectors, 5 monitors 1 computer

75+ Posting Member

Hi Brian,

Very nice pics.

If you haven't posted at Avsim lately, I believe you have to register again. When the site went down, I think they lost the personnal info.

I believe F1 is making a mistake with their position on 2d panels. As you state, no 2d panels, no sale. That makes two of us.

I figured, that the problem with AVSIM stems from their problem a few months ago. I can log into the library just fine but when I try to re register for the forums I get "Username already exists" Yea, ME. I guess I'll have to use a different username for the forums and see how that goes.
    For those that use stand-alone software panels, then aircraft with VC would be alright. If it came right down to it I could always make my own panels. I have the software for that. (Custom Panel Maker) However when I but an add-on aircraft, 85%, is for the panel, the rest is for how well it fly's (realism) and very little for the eye candy. I don't fly the plane from the outside and if I want to look at that type of plane I'd rather look at a good quality photo. The only time I look at the plane is when I check that the control surfaces are working with the yoke and rudder pedals.
    Regards,
    Brian
    FS9 & FSX ERJ-145, E-170, E-190, PIC737, Archer, Arrow, GF-MCPPRO, EFIS, 4GF-P8, 4GFT8, 3GF-166, 3GF-RP48, GF-LGT, GF-ATC, GF-TQ6, 3 Projectors, 5 monitors 1 computer