Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

fs9 just freaked out

I'm not sure if this is the right section but its one for the experts to help me with.
    Last night i took a flight and everything in the sim was fine and working as it should, i shut the computers down as usual, nothing out of the ordinary.

I use fs9 with pmdg 737-800, hardware mcp and efis, overhead configured thru fsuipc and interfaced with a bu0836x card. All controls are fsuipc controlled or sioc, joysticks disabled in fs.

Tonight i loaded up a flight and everything seemed to freak out and act weird.

No.1 I didnt get the usual clicking sounds when i went thru the switches on the overhead on start up, when i switched on the lights i activated tail hook?? but the lights still operate.
    No.2 When i opened up the overhead i started getting a weird sound like a giger counter (?) which wouldnt go away.
    No.3 Some cockpit sounds have gone like ap disengage siren, but pm sounds from my networked pc work ok.
    No.4 Tcas is on in test mode and switching the correct switch on the pedestal does nothing, yet yetserday it worked fine.
    No.5 The opencockpits mcp shoots straight up to 50000 feet and i have to wind it down forever to say 6000, when its always fired up at 10000.

There are more problems but i cant think at the moment and im not at the sim, Does anyone know what could have happened in 24 hours, i haven't installed or removed anything. I didn't change anything from yesterday.

Lost and bewildered Steve.

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Re: fs9 just freaked out

Was the giger-counter sound from the speakers or internals of PC? Sounds similar to a hard drive about to belly-up. If so, back up quick.

Not scaremongering, but that's what a hard drive about to fail sounds like, I've had one.

No Sean, my computers are fine, i'm pretty good with them, It sounded like a switch in flight sim being turned on and off very quickly. I say sounded because i solved the issue.

I reloaded the aircraft and then loaded an old flight plan that i was sure worked and it did
    I have no clue how it happened but it works now

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Wonder what happened there then?

So long as it's fixed tho'