25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FSX cfg file not sticking

Hi from a newbie,
    I am reinstalling FSX on Windows 7 (64) from Vista (64). I thought I might be able to just put my FSX.CFG file and my FSUIPC settings in the new from old Vista installation and all would work fine. It does not so I binned it and started FSX again and re configured the settings,saved it and restarted. However the cfg file settings wont remain changed they default back to the default settings such as : Rudder reappears ( I have pedals ) the button on my C&H yoke don't have the setting I made last etc etc.
    Any ideas what is going on here. The machine was clean installed and de fragged with "Distrix" and run as High performance files as per their tutorial.

Regards

David

25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: FSX cfg file not sticking

Quote Originally Posted by skywarrior View Post
    hi from a newbie,
    i am reinstalling fsx on windows 7 (64) from vista (64). I thought i might be able to just put my fsx.cfg file and my fsuipc settings in the new from old vista installation and all would work fine. It does not so i binned it and started fsx again and re configured the settings,saved it and restarted. However the cfg file settings wont remain changed they default back to the default settings such as : Rudder reappears ( i have pedals ) the button on my c&h yoke don't have the setting i made last etc etc.
    Any ideas what is going on here. The machine was clean installed and de fragged with "distrix" and run as high performance files as per their tutorial.

Regards

david
    here is the answer to my own question : I was not running it in admin mode !!