Thread: software guages

75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

software guages

hello to everone...

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but maybe someone can correct me..

now that I've got my FSX setup on 3 monitors for outside view, I would like to have the guages on another computer..

For now I setup a 2nd computer (AMD 1.2ghz with 256MB ram and 64MB ATI video card) which is hooked up to a 10/100 8 port hub (expanding more later).. All the network is setup and I can see both computers and can send files back and forth....

I installed FSXPAND on my FSX system and FS client on the other system 2nd PC.. I started up FSX, then FSXPAND and then FS Client on the 2nd PC.. I get a runtime error 91 message on the 2nd pc when running FS Client..

Question... I can't install FSUIPC 4 cause it askes me for some registration or somehting like that for FSUIPC and FSWide...

So, what is the correct steps to install all these softwares to get my 2nd PC bring up all the guages so that I don't need to use my FSX PC for guages..

I don't want to purchase anything if I can't get it to work. So, thats why I want to try out the demo's and see if it's to my liking..
    thanks.

500+ This must be a daytime job autocadplease's Avatar

Re: software guages

First off, you don't need FSUIPC or WideFS to use FSXpand.

FSXpand takes a bit of work to get going at first, especially the networking (IP address, etc.). Make sure you read the manual and follow each step. It didn't work for me the first time either.

What operating system are you using?
    Is your firewall setup to allow FSXpand?
    What IP address are you using for the client?
    Grant D.
    Nelson,B.C. Canada
    Win7 32bit, FSX, PM Boeing, TH2GO, GEX, VoxATC

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

g'day AC............
    give Gert Heijnis (the developer) a mail, he's a real nice guy who will do all he can to get you up and running. goto www.flyware.nl and in the support link select ask a question.
    or post on the FSXpand forum at www.flyware.nl/forum
    i've been using FSXpand for almost 5 years and never skips a beat once you have it running.
    biggest issue i find is getting the IP addresses right. make sure they are both in the same range and as autocadplease said, make sure your firwall is allowing FSXpand to communicate (port 9000).
    good luck and go steady.......
    regards ... ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by autocadplease View Post
    First off, you don't need FSUIPC or WideFS to use FSXpand.

FSXpand takes a bit of work to get going at first, especially the networking (IP address, etc.). Make sure you read the manual and follow each step. It didn't work for me the first time either.

What operating system are you using?
    Is your firewall setup to allow FSXpand?
    What IP address are you using for the client?
    thanks guys for your quickie replies... I will leave a message to the Gert and take it from there...

autoC... I'm using XP64 on my main PC and XP32 on my 2nd PC...

As for firewall, I'm using windows firewall and when I ran FSxpand, it asked me, if I want to block or unblock it.. I choose unblock.. Now if I have to check if my firewall is allowing FSxpand to pass through, how does one find out...

As for the IP addresss.. everything is default... meaning, I ran network wizard on the main pc and then ran it on the 2nd PC..

I think I'm messing everything up here... I knew this things won't be that easy to setup... but any how thanks for your suggestions... Off to do some more research...

75+ Posting Member

ok.. problem solved.. my fault...

For some reason my video card was only shwing 8MB ram... Brought my basement computer up and installed fsclient and everything is ok now..

but I did notice one thing... There is alike a small delay in the guage reading when comparing it to the guages on the main PC..

When I pressed atl-7 to bring up the PFD and did a comparison on my 2nd monitor (fsclient) I noticed that the 2nd PC (fsclient) was a little behind on the reading compared to the guage on the main PC...

Is that normal or I have to play aorund with some settings...

thanks for all the suggestions ...