Thread: newbie 727 help

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

newbie 727 help

hello all , just found this great forum and i am in need of lots of help lol

Hello all after a few years of simming on my normal lap top i have now decided to take the leap and to try and start to build a flight sim .
    The aircraft that i love the most is the 727 so if any it has got to be a 727 sim that i would like to do ..

Not sure where i start or how i go about it so any help would be great to help me start off . My vision of what i would like to is to carry on flight simming on my lap top whilst building this sim i don't want it done quick i want this project to be an on going investment and if it takes me 10 years then so be it as long a i have fun on the way .

Im going to be building it in the loft are there any pros and cons to having the sim in the loft and how much space will it need ? Does anyone have any sizes ?

My loft is empty and i have electric up there so what's first ?

Also if there are any uk builders out there please message jsut to say hello

Jamie Leicestershire

Re: newbie 727 help

hello and welcome,

glad to have you an board, like great choice of aircraft. I''m a 727 builder too. I started with making the gauges with Flightsimulator panelstudio. You copy the gauges from a normal 727 Fs panel in a new panel with a very dark background. Not black!. Then I started with my main panel.

Really nice to have an other 727 on board!

Any question, feel free to ask around.

Stijn

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

nice to have found one person on here lol

I was looking into the idea of buying all real panels from old 727's . Question is how hard is it to get them talking to the flight sim software can i keep all of the original bulbs or do these have to be replaced ?

Looking for some good information on how to get real panels switchs , lights and gauges working with the sim .

Also anyone else have any info would be great .

also i have been using captain sim 727 with FS is this a good program to work with ? and which 727 should i work around 100 / 200?.

bigbore

Hey,

Some more info:

Panels, look on ebay and www.oncealoft.com is a great site, the owner is Nick a very kind man.
    Software, I use the dreamfleet 727 and I made my gauges with FS panel studio
    Bulbs and electronics, for switches just buy normal switches from the net or you local electronics shop. You connect these to an I/O interface card. (www.opencockpits.com or www.leobodnar.com) I prefer the last one. Once a switch is connected to you I/O card you could use flight simulator or FSUIPC to give it it's function, this is a so called input.(search on the forum)
    for the bulbs you use outputs, you also need special I/O cards for that but that's out of my league:P ( search for project727 on google, he could help you)
    727-100 or -200
    What you like the most, the -100 have a different main panel. It doesn't really mather.
    Real gauges?????
    WOW, that looks awesome but this is really hard and expensive! Just buy FS panel Studio and make your own gauges that's how the most 727 builders did it. And this is how you do it,

You buy FS panel studio and once installed and openend you press the button in the programe ''open panel by aircraft'' select the panel of your 727 (dreamfleet works well)
    You see the 727 panel in the screen, then copy the gauges like the altimeter and VSI to a new panel you open this by selecting window --> select new window, then a screen come's up you type the name in: for example Gauges Captain. (select no when he asks is you want to use a background bitmap) Then place the gauges like in a real 727 pit and your done!!!
    When opening FS(X) you select options--> views --> (for example captains gauges) then panel come's in the screen, you undock it and place is behind your mip.

I totally understand if this sounds difficult to you but i am making a tutorial right now so be patient, maybe this week you get a full and easy to fowllow guide.

Hope this helped you,

I'm 16 years old and made 727 all by my self (i placed a pic below see attachments), it's not that hard but you just got to know how everything is done.

Sorry for the English:P

Stijn
    Attached Images Attached Images

25+ Posting Member

Hi & welcome on board.
    Yes, Nick has nice -100 panels right now.
    The original lights /Korrys can be used. I use Opencockpit stuff, works well, you can either use original bulbs or led bulbs (I get them from "conrad"). Just connect them to the card and use the SIOC code. My system is based on 24 V which is close to the original 28V, however if you use leds they are available in 12 V as well. OC output cards handle both.
    The original switches can be connected with OC cards as well, then you need to program in SIOC (I usually adapt other peoples' codes).
    My aircraft is the dreamfleet 727 for fs9.
    Feel free to ask if you need further info.
    Regards,
    Florian

75+ Posting Member

We modified this 727, summer 2008, it wasn't a sim but was quite a project!
    http://webspace.webring.com/people/f...enger/AF1.html

Last summer we modified a 727 into a partially functional sim for the new movie Knight and Day for their cockpit shots. The funny thing was we had to modify it to look more like a 737NG because they wanted it to look modern. Sadly it was only left intact for about two months.
    Home of the world's first South American DC-8 jetliner.
    Home of the Blue Angel F-4 Phantom simulator.

Welcome on board, Best wishes on your project. There sure are a lot of people here to help.

Regards,