Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Transavia 737-700 Cockpit

Quote Originally Posted by jesper1100 View Post
    Can you give me the product numbers of the Master Caution switch and stuff?. I want to take a look maybe i will build one.

Thanx
    Sitting at Tegel Airport at the moment waiting for the (Transavia!!) PH-XRW to arrive and take us back home.... I'll send you the part numbers tomorrow.

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by capetonian View Post
    Sitting at Tegel Airport at the moment waiting for the (Transavia!!) PH-XRW to arrive and take us back home.... I'll send you the part numbers tomorrow.
    I'll appreciate that.

En succes met wachten en een fijne vlucht!

300+ Forum Addict

Ah . nice to be home and kudos to the cockpit crew of the Transavia HV6876 for answering our questions last night and being so enthusiastic when we mentioned that we building a (Transavia) 737-sim!! These guys were willing to answer questions, even though it was already 23:30. What a contrast to the outbound crew.

Anyway , .. back to the switches:

This is the pushbutton section of the switch: Drukknop kleurloos 702528 - 89
    I must admit that I made the 'mistake' of ordering two clear ones and two red ones. For the redo ones I printed the FIRE WARN labels on overhead sheet without the red background and these look very good! If you want the red one it's: 702536 - 89

The switch unit is this one: Schakelelement 250 V/6 A toets 703370 - 89 and the light bulbs that you need are: Osram Armatuurlamp W2 x 4,6D 1,2W 12V 857020 - 89 they come packed per pair so if you are building 4 buttons you will need to order 2 of these.

If you don't have access to a color laser printer and transparent sheets I could send you a set of inlays as I printed several of them.

There we go, ... hope that helps

4. Thanks raymondvanderploeg, jesper1100 thanked for this post
    10+ Posting Member

So you printed it on overhead sheets? But isn't that color less and your Master Caution button is yellow so how did you did that? And you removed the red sticker off the Fire warning switch and put the printed on one?

300+ Forum Addict

The master caution I printed with an orange background. It is not possible to remove a filter if you buy a push button in a specific color. I found that out the hard way so I reprinted the FIRE legends on clear sheet without a background to compensate for the button already being red.

If you download my BMP file you can print the master cautions off of there!

Cheers,

Andrew

300+ Forum Addict

Well, . apart from pulling my hair out while trying out 10000001 different sets of software for designing pcb boards I still managed to do a little work in the cockpit. Do any of you use pcb design software? I want to design my own input and output boards that I will connect to my OpenCockpits Mastercard with a 40pins IDE cable. I would love to know which software you guys use...

Anyway, .. I now have the screen in place, to,morrow I will adjust them so that they are 100% level and I will tackle the Opencockpits gear lever, ... with the thickness of the panel *and* the 8mm of mdf behind the panels, the gear lever can not travel it's full 100% of motion, I need to remove a little wood on both sides of the opening and try to place the lever against the actual (sub)panel from behind.

Once that is done, ... the glareshield.... hmmm, . it seems so easy but I really have a feeling I am going to screw it up , . thak goodness MDF is so cheap

My Stand with the screens installed.

The panel in front of the screens, . and instantly it looks a lot more interesting

.... to be continued.....

300+ Forum Addict

Today I had a day off, ... work picks up tomorrow in full swing again, this week has been good for getting back into the groove.... tomorrow is going to be long, Sunday is gonna be a b1tch and then it's gonna get busy

So, . I spent some time working on the sim today..... the Landing gear has been bugging me... it did not quite fit ... so I really had to play and work with it... Once that was fixed I decided I'd had enough of breathing MDF dust .... time for a quick play with the software and the multi monitor setup.... of course as usual I had to take some pics for the archives..... some of the screens might look a little skew, . this is because the Main panel is not yet secured to the base, ... once this is dine, the ecreens will be flush against the back of the MIP and they will look a tad better, ...

They say a pic is worth a thousand words..... so ...

...here you can see that there is a gap between the monitor and the panel, .. this will be corrected once the MIP has been fastned to the base.

Gear Up

Gear Down

Gear Off

9. Thanks Geremy Britton, Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    300+ Forum Addict

So then we started playing with the screens .....

The 19 inch monitor on the Captaina side needs to be moved 1 cm higher and 2mms to the right...

The middle screen is looking lekker , ... although I have now decided to go for real standby gauges sometime from Flight Illusion, they cost about 200 a piece .... so for now the software gauges are perfect!!!!

Fok, . dis mooi .... even if I say so myself

300+ Forum Addict

... and since the screens were looking so cool .... I just had to hold up one of the frames with it's smoked plexiglas window..... Damnit, ... I realised something this evening, .. you actually need about 5 hands to hold stuff in place for photo's sometimes

This picture is absolutly awesome I get that funny feeling in the knees again , .. damn she's starting to look good.

Out of focus.... sorry, .. bite me ... I need those other three hands here

and another one. ......

.... to be continued ......

Hi Andrew,
    Can you check your pm please...
    Thanks
    Mike