Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Transavia 737-700 Cockpit

Just do a google search on

annunciator tutorial

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!

Hi all! I'm still around The Project however has died. Not because of lack of interest but mostly due to the fact that I bought a house last year and a great deal of time and money has gone into that. I really really want to build a sim but I realize that the 737 is just a tad too advanced for my current budget and I am not prepared to wait another few years before I can buy large modules like linked yokes, TQ, proper seats and the like. When we set out to build the sim, one of the primary 'rules' we made was that it had to be pretty flyabale at most stages. Well, this has not been the case unfortunately. This leads to a gradual loss of interest and the urge to get building again seems to slip further and further away. Although I had decided a few months ago to seriously consider whether we wanted to press forward or not, I think my mind had almost been made up for me, the 'final straw' was the fact that the MIP has been in the garage since I moved in April and nothing has been done to the sim.

I do not have any regrets about starting the project as it was a great learning curve for me in which I learned to do a load of stuff that I otherwise might never have dreamed of doing. The biggest downside is that fact that I am going to drop the project when Marty's Prosim software has reached the stage of becoming the definitive software suite for the serious - professorial builder. Although my name was never mentioned anywhere I did help Marty with the initial graphics for the suite and I made a wide range of hardware available to him for the development of the Prosim connection to the different hardware. This gave me some insight to what a mission it is to build something like that from the ground up. The fact that the software is so complete is the only reason I regret dropping the project, ... (never the less, if Marty ever decides to do a GA suite I'll gladly help out where possible!).

So what now? Filipe and I sat down the past week and debated the pro's and cons of the sim and what we'd like to have. There is no option about building or not building, .. we want a sim, period. Our 'demands' are: Dual and single operation, a decent range, the ability to climb and cruise at a decent altitude, a decent cruising speed, and finally something that just looks damned cool

We arrived at the same conclusion, the Beechcraft KIng Air. We spent about 6 hours surfing all kinds of sites looking at what information was available, if there were panels available, good flight models, etc etc. Because we both have flown a lot with the Aeroworx B200 we decided that we would settle for a B200.

I will be selling all the 737 stuff that we have to partially fund the new project. All the modules have less than 10 hours usage and are as good as brand new! (I'll post stuff in the classifieds later today!)

Thanks for following the project, I have learned a lot of stuff from a lot of people here on the board and I (we) look forward to sharing our new project with you all.

25+ Posting Member

Hi Capetonian,

Its too bad that you stop building the 737. But like you said it cost a lot of money and time. We hope to see you back when building the Beech.

Kind regards,

737 Cockpit Builder

Sorry to hear you are giving up the 737 project. If you have the pedestal still, i'd like to buy it from you.

regards

Mark

mark@markodell.com

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112