Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question Please help! TH2GO Digital Not working

Hi guys, Ive just loaded my Th2go Digital and wanted to test the 2 screens i have currently for my MIP. I loaded the cd and followed the guide and found when it came to connecting my screens it got interesting. I have a 8800 gt 512mb graphics card with dual DVI outputs. Off the first output on the graphics card i have an LG 22 inch monitor i use for things like this and initial setup etc. The Captains screen is a standard MAG 19 inch 4:3 running at 60 hz. The middle screen is a dell 19 inch 4:3 also running at 60hz and both have a resolution of 1280x1024. From the second dvi output on the graphics card is the TH2go short DVI cable included going to the Th2go box. On the Th2go box pos 1 is the Mag 19 inch and from Pos 3 is the Dell 19 inch. Note: both 19 inch monitors are analogue plugs attached to the Th2go box with DVI adapters. The Dell 19 Inch monitor is also using the analogue short cable that came with the Th2go. (Confused yet?) So when it came to detecting the monitors it only detected the Dell monitor attached to Pos 3 which remained black. However the Mag screen in Pos 1 that it hasn't detected is on and displaying the desktop background? I know the Dell screen works because when I rebooted the 2 screens on the Mip both light up and had the initial boot up writing across both of them, then when the windows logo comes up the 22 inch comes on, the Mag 19 inch stays on with the desktop background and the dell goes off? I'm confused and don't know what to do. I apologise for the way this is written but if i can get some help on this I wanted you to know exactly what I'm doing this end.

Thanks for any help.
    Drewsta

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

Re: Please help! TH2GO Digital Not working

Question, what sort of cable do you have between the TH2G and your video card?

I've never seen the Digital version of the TH2G work with a DVI to analog VGA adapter before. That's not to say it doesn't work, but I've never seen it work that way before. I'm going out on a limb to point out it might be called the Digital edition for a reason. Analog VGA and Digital DVI/HDMI are 2 different animals.

I do have a TH2G Analog just sitting around. If this ends up being the issue, would you consider some sort of trade?

It does say on the instructions that if you need to use the adapters you can? Can you use a widescreen aswell as normal 4:3 screens? If I can't use the adapters, that seems rather silly and I've wasted alot of money on the Th2go plus the $200 odd dollars on the monitors. I trult hope this is not the case and there is a work around or something iv'e missed.

Fingers crossed.
    Drewsta

Quote Originally Posted by Drewsta View Post
    It does say on the instructions that if you need to use the adapters you can? Can you use a widescreen aswell as normal 4:3 screens? If I can't use the adapters, that seems rather silly and I've wasted alot of money on the Th2go plus the $200 odd dollars on the monitors. I trult hope this is not the case and there is a work around or something iv'e missed.

Fingers crossed.
    Drewsta
    Ah if it says it can, it probably can. I was just batting around ideas. I've only used analog displays with the analog version and digital displays with the digital version though. My personal experience is limited to those configurations.

The cable between the TH2G and the video card if using dvi requires it to be a dual-dvi cable. Might check the pin configuration on your cable to make sure it is.

25+ Posting Member

I have the same problem with my digital edition, when I go in to the Matrox set-up 2 of my Acer monitors are detected and get the green tick, the third is read in the description box but gets a red cross every time. I have been backwards and forwards with Matrox and they cannot find a solution either.

Thankfully I can still use all three screens so at least they work, although I cannot get the better resolution they released which is a shame. My Acer monitors are all VGA so each has a VGA>DVI connector, and the unit itself runs off of my GTX295. It's very odd that 2 are detected and one isn't, no matter how many times I swap the connection points around etc.

I did read somewhere that the Acer monitors do not allow the correct refresh rate that is required for the digital TH2GO or something like that...just a guess of course.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    I did read somewhere that the Acer monitors do not allow the correct refresh rate that is required for the digital TH2GO or something like that...just a guess of course.
    Thanks Crescent, interesting. All three monitors are identical so it's strange that two are recognised and one isn't. Argh.

Are they all running at the same refresh rate?

25+ Posting Member

Thanks for your help!

Yes, I have put all settings as identical, except there is one difference between the two that work and the one that doesn't...

When I go through the monitor settings for the two that work I get to the last menu and it reads as follows:

1280 x 1024
    H: 63Hz
    V: 59Hz
    Analog
    S/N ETLAZ090027400520D3800

However, the one that's causing me problems reads slightly differently.

1280 x 1024
    H: 63Hz
    V: 59Hz
    Analog
    S/N ET U F1B4639F

Not sure if it's related but that's the only difference I can see.

The best forum for TH2G help would be WSGF. They specialize in this stuff. There is a thread in the link below that shows a compatability list for displays and TH2G Digital.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...forum.php?f=59

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast