Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Please help! TH2GO Digital Not working

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm still hopeful I can find a solution to my problem. I guess my next thing is to change a few cables around and see if that fixes anything. I am using the supplied DVI short cable to link my video card and the Th2go box and I thought that that would have been dual DVI? I only need 3 screens to run at 1280x1024 which is 1x forward visuals, 1xmiddle screen and 1 x overhead. The captains split FO screen will come off the other dvi output on the 8800gt because i believe you can't split monitors from a Th2go, havent tried. If I can't get the Th2go to work for me I'll have to sell it soon and buy a cheap second computer with another dual output video card and then go that way. It's amazing the amount of trouble people are having with this bit of kit! I'm sure it works perfectly for alot of you aswell. I was a little dumb going into this part as I thought you just attached your monitors and hey presto. Hmm..not quite. So my project has come to a hault until i can get this rectified.

If anyone else has any input or experience with a similar Th2go setup, please feel free to feed me what ever you know

To put it simple I am trying to run

1 x 19 inch 4:3 (1280x1024) from the first DVI output on 8800gt

1x MATROX Supplied DVI cable from 2nd output on 8800gt to Th2go box

From Th2go box ....1 x 19 inch Dell 4:3 (1280x1024)
    ....1 x 22 inch LG Widescreen (1280x1024)
    ....1x DLP Projector for forward vis (1280x1024)

The 19 inch screens only have analogue cables and can only be attached to the Th2go with DVI-Analogue adapters. The 22inch is DVI and the projector can be too. Should this setup work? Or is there something I don't know or asking too much of the Th2go?

Cheers
    Drewsta

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

Ya, the short cable is a dual-dvi. Hrrrm, that's not even trying to do a problematic resolution. 3840x1024 should be able to be done by about display variation. 5040x1050 is the resolution most people have problems with.

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Have you managed to sort your problem out yet?

I fired up my new TH2G for the first time today and didn't encounter any problems like you, but I am running three identical projectors from it.

Like you I have a stand alone monitor on one of my graphics card DVI outputs, which is what I class the 'main' screen, the one windows boots to, with the start button/taskbar, etc. and the TH2G is on the other DVI output.

When the TH2G finished it's installation, I noticed that only the centre projector appeared to be displaying an image, a copy of the windows desktop wallpaper. The outer screens were, at first glance, blank. But on closer viewing, the centre image was displaying the wallpaper at 1024 pixels wide, which is the projectors native resolution, and the outer 2 were displaying a slim sliver of image, each 128 pixels wide, to make up the 1280 image displaying on the stand alone monitor. But if I dragged a window off the side of the 'main' monitor, it showed up in the blank area of, in my case, the left projector.

So although it appeared not to be working, it actually was.

I've not tried the dual monitor setup like yours, and I also notice the manual recommends monitors of the same type, which you aren't using, but I've got spare monitors I can hook up in dual mode and see if I can replicate your problem and help sort it if you want. It's a fantastic piece of kit when it's working.

Sean

25+ Posting Member

hi
    sorry to say but you need indeed 3 identical screens to get the best result I had buy myself 1 samsung what I already had before i did buy the TH2GO digital and did buy 2 acer vga monitors i had to sell them and buy myself 2 extra samsungs
    they work like a charm with 5040 1050 resolution perfectly

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by john van berkel View Post

they work like a charm with 5040 1050 resolution perfectly
    You're one of the rare exceptions to the norm then. The last year has been a trainwreck as far as video card driver compatability and TH2G Digital. My drivers are also working fine at the moment. As with every game, none of them behave the same, so amount of success varies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12