Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

DVI HDMI and projector resolution

Hello y´ all,

I use a TH2G digital edition connected to a beamer (plus two flat screen monitors for the side views - will later update to beamers). My beamer has a D-Sub15, a HDMI and a RGB input. I read somewhere, that the beamers´ resolution would be 1024 x 768 with WXGA (D-Sub15), but would be higher with HDMI. If I use a DVI cable connected to the TH2G on the one side, and connect that via DVI-HDMI adapter to an HDMI cable, which in turn goes to the beamer HDMI input, would that increase the resolution and thus producing better visual effect?

Cheers
    Chris

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: DVI HDMI and projector resolution

It all has to do with how the scaler works in your projector. What it will be doing is simulating the larger resolution, not actually projecting it. If the native resolution for your projector is 1024x768 that's the best it'll look. But you can run higher if your projector scaler allows it. For instance, I can run my 1024x768 projectors all the way up to the 1650x1050 maximum resolution the TH2G Digital allows. That allows me a span of 5040x1050. Sure, it's not going to be any sharper or clearer of a view, but it'll allow for more space on the screen for things like user interface. It's a virtual 1650x1050 resolution that is 1024x768 optical projection. Things will be harder to read and be fuzzy at this resolution but it works. Keep in mind while my particular projectors has a scaler that sees 1650x1050 it's not like all projectors are speced the same, so you'd have to experiment with your projector to see what the scaler is capable of on yours.

3. Thanks choffmann thanked for this post