Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Matrox triple head to go +separate LCD

Hi

I am building a GNS530 hardware panel with a built in VGA screen to display the Reality XP GNS 530 software, which is basically a gauge.

I normally run FSX on 3-off monitors linked by triple head 2 go in full screen mode and was wondering if it is possible to display the Reality XP GNS on the GNS panel screen and remain in full screen mode.

This would basically mean running FSX on the 3 screens and having the RXP gauge on a separate monitor.

I have 2 video cards and dont run SLI.

I'm not sure if this is possible, does anybody have any idea?

Thanks
    Steve.

500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar

Re: Matrox triple head to go +separate LCD

I'm guessing your one VC is running your MIP (Gauges) and the other connected to your TH2G is connecting your 3 screen exterior display?

What you have here though from a work of logic is 4 displays running on 3 output sources.

VC1 => TH2G => 3 LCD's
    VC2 => MIP (Gauges)

I don't know about TH2G but seems to me you will need a 3rd VC and FSWide or a beat box machine networked to get the other display. Or you could buy a DHTG and split your second VC output amongst your displays. That could be your better option.. If it's possible to have 2 of the matrox boxes working from one computer? That's alot of computer juggling. Could be just as effective to network and with second beat box machine run your interior displays.

Just as a thought. I was thinking of combining the two ideas. One from Alex Jay where he placed all of his radio stack as one display on one LCD. This way you can combine 2 of the Garmin units as you would like and other radio equipment to make your radio stack but you're only using one VC and 1 LCD.. Quite efficient and cost effective I'm thinking. Combining that with the Garman 530 control faceplate. You could easily make a bezel to go over the opening to make the LCD behind look like it's part of the unit. Then you have all the rest of the display for what ever other parts of the radio stack you wish to add? Say a second Garmin 530 or 430 or BK units. It's all up to you...?

Hope that helps.
    Ron
    Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful - Amphibian

10+ Posting Member

Re: Matrox triple head to go +separate LCD

I'm running TH2Go on one graphics card & two instrument LCD on the other card,works great.
    Now weather the GNS530 likes being dragged onto another monitor I don't know.When I try to drag FS Nav. it dosn't like it.Reality might know .Using FS9.

Hope this helps.