25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

triplehead2go issues

hi guys...
    need some help here...

I can't get my tripplehead2go Digital Edtion box to work.

First.. can someone tell me what video cards and monitors work with this unit.

what I have.

ASUS VH242 24" Monitor
    Acer X223W 22" Monitor
    Acer AL2016W 21" Monitor

ATI Radeon 4650 HD Video card
    and G-force GT 9800 (this card I borrowed from a friend to test)

I can only get upto 640 x 480 x 3 = 1920 on all 3 monitors. I can't go higher than 640.

But when I unplug TH2GO and connect each monitor separately I can go up to 1600 x 1050 on all 3 monitor...

I tried running ecen at 1024 x 768 and the screen goes or displays out of range message...

I am using the DVI connectors for input and output..

I also installed the software after booting up but still I cann only get it to work at 640 x 480..

The green power light on the unit is on so I take it the box is getting power from the usb cable..

Could it be that my TH2GO box is defective.

I can get all the screen to work but only at 640 x 480 ..

Another thing also I noticed that when everything is plugged in, and I turn the computer on. I see the boot up screen only on 1 monitor and not the others ... Is that normal and thats how it should look or I should be seeing the boot up screen on all the monitors..

Also, when I see the boot up screen on one monitor that monitor screen is liked split into half and I see 2 of the same screen on a single monitor but when I get to the desktop screen it all one screen ...

So, is the box defective...

please help... Or what is the correct way of hooking them up....

thanks...

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

Re: triplehead2go issues

First.. can someone tell me what video cards and monitors work with this unit.
    Go here to see if your video card is supported http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/su...atibility/gxm/

ASUS VH242 24" Monitor
    Acer X223W 22" Monitor
    Acer AL2016W 21" Monitor
    They should work provided they can all run at the same resolution and refresh rate.

But when I unplug TH2GO and connect each monitor separately I can go up to 1600 x 1050 on all 3 monitor...
    I assume you mean 1680x1050. Are all the monitors at the same refresh rate?

When I first hooked up mine it did not work properly. Here are a few things to check. Are you using the Matrox supplied cable from your video card to the TH2Go? Apparently, sometimes it needs to be used.

If I recall, you need to follow the instructions very carefully and re-boot when changes are made.

What operating system are you running? Do you have the latest video card drivers? Did you download the latest GXM software (I believe 2.05 is current).
    Also, you need to do the firmware update (which requires flashing the unit) in order to get the widescreen modes (5080x1050).
    Grant D.
    Nelson,B.C. Canada
    Win7 32bit, FSX, PM Boeing, TH2GO, GEX, VoxATC

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by autocadplease View Post
    Go here to see if your video card is supported http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/su...atibility/gxm/
    hey... thanks for the speedy response...

I did the test and it show my video card does support it... here's the result..

TripleHead2Go Digital Edition
    GPU model Maximum resolutions

Dual Modes:
    ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
    (2x 1920x1200) 3840x1024

Triple Mode:
    (3x 1280x1024) 3840x1024

Triple Mode:
    5040x1050
    (3x1680x1050)1,2

They should work provided they can all run at the same resolution and refresh rate.
    I checked the monitor specs and I believe they can run from 50hz to 83hz..

When I first hooked up mine it did not work properly. Here are a few things to check. Are you using the Matrox supplied cable from your video card to the TH2Go? Apparently, sometimes it needs to be used.
    Yes, I'm using all the cables that came in the box and also have extra DVI cables and VGA cables,....

If I recall, you need to follow the instructions very carefully and re-boot when changes are made.

What operating system are you running? Do you have the latest video card drivers? Did you download the latest GXM software (I believe 2.05 is current).
    Also, you need to do the firmware update (which requires flashing the unit) in order to get the widescreen modes (5080x1050).
    I'm using Windows XP Pro 64 with 4GB ram and a E8400 OC to 3.8 ...

I' don't mind running it at (I think it's) 1280 x 1024 but can't seem to go above 640 x 480 ..

I don't think I downloaded the latest software but will do that see... But I did download the compatibility program and it ran it on the computer and it passed the 3 test with the green check marks.. So I think my system does meet all the requirements..

Will update the software and post results... thanks for the help bro..

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

Yes, please post your results.

One thing I forgot to mention about your monitors. I don't think you will be able to get the 3 x 1680x1050 (5040x1050) mode to work. Both of your Acer monitors have issues with running in that mode. I have three Acer AL2216W which have the same issue. It is frustrating because the monitors can run in 1680x1050 57hz by themselves, but not in the TH2GO 5040x1050 mode!

The 3840x1024 mode should be no problem.

An awesome site for info is the WSGF http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...forum.php?f=59
    Grant D.
    Nelson,B.C. Canada
    Win7 32bit, FSX, PM Boeing, TH2GO, GEX, VoxATC

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

Only thing I can think of are these 2 things:

Is the DVI cable you using between the TH2G Digital and the video card a Dual-Link DVI cable or just a Single-Link. TH2G Digital requires a Dual-Link DVI cable. Is the port out thet you are using the Dual-Link DVI port out for the card? Some cards have 1 Dual-Link DVI and one Single-Link DVI. Make sure it's the Dual-Link DVI port out. Only being able to lock small resolutions seems to point towards using the wrong port or wrong cable or both because the setup isn't getting the cable bandwidth required for proper resolutions.

I'm not understadning why you can't at least do 3840x1024 because any display should work at that with the TH2G. The TH2G Digital is only finicky with the 5040x1050 @ 57hz resolutions.

Your best bet for troubleshooting this would probably be here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...forum.php?f=59

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by BHawthorne View Post
    Only thing I can think of are these 2 things:

Is the DVI cable you using between the TH2G Digital and the video card a Dual-Link DVI cable or just a Single-Link. TH2G Digital requires a Dual-Link DVI cable. Is the port out thet you are using the Dual-Link DVI port out for the card? Some cards have 1 Dual-Link DVI and one Single-Link DVI. Make sure it's the Dual-Link DVI port out. Only being able to lock small resolutions seems to point towards using the wrong port or wrong cable or both because the setup isn't getting the cable bandwidth required for proper resolutions.

I'm not understadning why you can't at least do 3840x1024 because any display should work at that with the TH2G. The TH2G Digital is only finicky with the 5040x1050 @ 57hz resolutions.

Your best bet for troubleshooting this would probably be here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...forum.php?f=59
    First of all thanks to all for your quick replies and helping me get this things to work quickly...

Firtst on my update...

I did as it was mentioned above and I went and got the laest drivers and firmware and installed everything... I was still having the same issuse as above...

So, then I almost gave up and said let me try this last thing...
    I unhooked the DVI cable that is from from my ATI 4650 HD card to the TH2GO box and plugged in the VGA cable (ATI card to TH2GO Box) and bang I see now windows displaying on all 3 monitors at tripple x 1280 x 720 but couldn't get any other resolution to work other than tripple 1366 x 768 modes.
    I tried 5040 x 1050 but it only shows on 1 monitor and the other 2 monitors display no input detected.

anyhow.... I'm very happy with the current setting I got and now I can enjoy my FSX is wide wide mode and I can see so much now...

but 1 thing still confuses me, I can't use the DVI port on the ATI card. I can only run if I hook up the VGA cable on both ends... I like to use the DVI connectors cause the image quality is much more better than the VGA.. But if I hook up the DVI, I am back to square 1 ...

Now BHawthorne,

Sorry if I ask dumb questions but I don't understand what you mean by dual or single link DVI...

All I know if on the back of my Sapphire HD 4650 I have 3 connectors.. 1 VGA, 1 DVI and 1 HDMI ...

Please explain if you can how I can find out if my card has dual link ports or ???? if I have to get another card, I don't mind spending a bit more cause love to see this baby work with the DVI connector. Unless not much of a difference I'd be getting from the current setup I have now which is 4098 x 768 x 32 ....

thanks for all the help... finnaly got this things to work after 3 weeks struggling with it with all the helpful links.....

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

I thought about writing up an explination but found an article that explains it just as well. Basically, a single-link dvi cable is missing about half the pins on the connector while a dual-link has all the pins. It's much harder to tell on a graphic card though as you'd probably jsut have to test the first DVI port and then the second and see which works better. TH2G Digital requires a dual-link dvi cable and port out.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4455

25+ Posting Member

Thumbs up Re: triplehead2go issues

Quote Originally Posted by BHawthorne View Post
    I thought about writing up an explination but found an article that explains it just as well. Basically, a single-link dvi cable is missing about half the pins on the connector while a dual-link has all the pins. It's much harder to tell on a graphic card though as you'd probably jsut have to test the first DVI port and then the second and see which works better. TH2G Digital requires a dual-link dvi cable and port out.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4455

hello and thanks for that picture...

yep!!! that was my mistake... didn't know there were so many different type of DVI cables.. appearently I was using a single link cable to connect the box to the card and used the dual link cable that came with the box to hook up the monitor... that was the problem... thats why I wan't getting the resolutions and having so much problems....

Now all problems fixed.. I can run now at 5040 x 1050 x 32 and it's amazing..

thanks for all the suggestions guy and now I'm happy that I can use my DVI connector instead of the vga ....

25+ Posting Member

hi,
    the asus VH242 thats the one which is actually a 23.6" monitor with 5ms right?

I have 3 of them and still cannot get max resolution. all cables are right, and software updates. Not sure what to do now

10+ Posting Member

i read in this post that 3x acer al2216w will not work with TH2GO ? Because of 57 hz issue ? I have two right know. Are you 100% sure IF i manage to find one more (already have 2) that it wont work ?

Otherwise I will have to sell the other two and buy three new ones who are supported by FSX

Could I be right that 3x 1650 will give me far more fps then 3x 1920 ? Not supported by any th2go.

Was also looking to samung md230x3 but probably also a no go with triple head.

Thx

Remco from the Netherlands

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast