75+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

MD-82, and belated intro

My name is Jonathan, and I'm I guess posting a late intro. I'm not terribly good at these, as I normally read more than I post..but figured I'd throw this out so that people have a bit of background on me.

My name is Jon, and I'm an addict. I'd always loved screenshot art before, and the flying, but it wasn't until flying the PMDG Jetstream 4100 that I realized how much fun the TRUE flying and challenges were. Since then, I've purchased a TON of airliner add-ons and have been working on learning to fly a lot (fortunately they are BASICALLY the same). Initially I was going to go with the Boeing 727, as I love the aircraft, the parts are cheap, and it's readily available. However, the issue I had came down to the size of the flight deck and I wanted the flight engineer station there so that others could watch if desired. After that, I had decided on the DC-9/MD-80 due to cost and availability of parts, but figured that the cockpit was too tough to assemble..then went to the 737NG grudgingly, as I hated that it was so common....but after talking to a friend of mine, I came to realize how doable the DC-9 and MD-80 were.

I finally located a set of main panels from an American Airlines MD-82, and decided that that was my target. Unfortunately, the throttle quadrant is delayed by the seller being in the hospital...but I've managed to acquire a number of other parts.

I doubt I'll be posting many pictures before January, simply because I'm mobilized reserve, but will try to at least provide SOME updates as able.
    Jon

150+ Forum Groupie verticallimit's Avatar

Re: MD-82, and belated intro

Hi Jon
    It is sad that your TQ is still delayed.
    Lets hope that your supplier has a speedy recovery.

I am busy with my MD TQ, and will soon be able to publish a toturial, so you may get some help and good ideas for how your TQ changed from MD-80 to USB 2.0

But it takes many hours to rebuild it, but it's a fun job.

Sincerely,

Claus

75+ Posting Member

Re: MD-82, and belated intro

Very good to hear I recently obtained a flight manual and data cards for the MD-80 series, so I hope to provide something soon for you as well.
    Jon