Thread: simconnect ?

75+ Posting Member Mr. Midnight's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

simconnect ?

Posted via Mobile DeviceWell folks I know im a late comer to FSX so forgive me on my ignorance.Here is my set up that I had with FS9.Com1 FS9, fsuipc, and all the go withs add-ons leveld etc.Com 2, widefs, radar contact, fs commander, ASA.Upon deciding to go with FSX, I put FS9 on the shelf.!. I loaded fsx on com 1 the way NicoK recommended with all of the updates.2 I then loaded all of the sdks 1, 1a, and 2 as instructed.3 This is where I get a little confused as to editing the simconnect,xml, how do you edit the file and im not for sure it’s the right file.You know folk’s im not even for sure im on the same page; this seems a little much just to get ASA running on the other com.I know where all the files are but what do I do with them.Yes I read the documentation from the Active Sky Advance manual, but where it lost me is when it asks you to edit the simconnect xml, files.The only files I see are the xml. Document files.So I just stopped there and loaded other files on the second com like the lib file.Every thing else is mapped correctly as to what the com sees, im just a little shaky on how to set up the files.Just need a little help in that area.I have read the documentation and went to other websites.
    Thanks….Robert

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: simconnect ?

I just saw your post looking for something else. To edit an xml file you right click your mouse on the file and use "open with" selection and use notepad or wordpad to modify it.. After you've made changes you have to saveas and choose that file. That's my understanding of it.. As for ASA, i too have fsx with acceleration which to my understanding is sp2.. at first it wouldn't connect so i went back to sp1a and got it to connect with fsx. I recently had to reload all my fsx and sp's again and still haven't got ASA to connect with FSX. have you had any luck getting it to talk to FSX?